DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Who thinks this NBA season will be cancled ?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Twitter
    @LegalAmerican4
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    I also sometimes wonder if the past players are trying to be classy in saying that today's athletes are superior. OR maybe the players now have higher athleticism and that's why they say it's played at a higher level? I'm not sure...

I think my emotion is getting in the way a little bit because I have recently lost so much respect for the current players like I did back in 1999. I have such a hard time watching LeBron, Deron, Chris Paul, and Carmelo overtake the proper boundaries that should exist for employees. I just wish so bad the league was back to the old school. Karl Malone recently was in Utah and talking about the team he said...."The jerseys are going back to old school, the court is going back to old school, and the colors are back to old school. Now why the h*** don't the players PLAY old school!?" And he was talking about the flimsy, flopping defense that is played today and also the work ethic. It is one of my favorite quotes from an older generation player.
  2. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    230 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    there is no hard defense or animosity towards each other... these guys hang out on and off the court instead of being competitors they are bffs ... it doesn't help that the refs call every single contact but it would be nice for someone going freely through the lane get put on their ass

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I also sometimes wonder if the past players are trying to be classy in saying that today's athletes are superior. OR maybe the players now have higher athleticism and that's why they say it's played at a higher level? I'm not sure...

I think my emotion is getting in the way a little bit because I have recently lost so much respect for the current players like I did back in 1999. I have such a hard time watching LeBron, Deron, Chris Paul, and Carmelo overtake the proper boundaries that should exist for employees. I just wish so bad the league was back to the old school. Karl Malone recently was in Utah and talking about the team he said...."The jerseys are going back to old school, the court is going back to old school, and the colors are back to old school. Now why the h*** don't the players PLAY old school!?" And he was talking about the flimsy, flopping defense that is played today and also the work ethic. It is one of my favorite quotes from an older generation player.
    Same thing with soccer. I watch soccer and love it. Its filled with diving divas now. They have ruined the sport.

Basketball is no exception. Did you see when dirk played sick and how wade and lebron reacted in the locker rooms? They were mocking him. Its pathetic. There's no class the sport has become a business. I personally would not bring any players to my team if I was an owner unless they showed class first, brains second, and athleticism last.
  4. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alboboy10 View Post
    Well he took Orlando to the playoffs all by himself. That team really had nobody if you think about it.

Kidd is proof that you don't need to be the most athletic person to win a ring. But smart. That's why lebron is going to finish his career with no ring. Cause he's a dumb athletic player with no class.

Nothing wrong with football I was simply making a comparison lol. For example in the jets, they have two great cbs , revis and cromartie. Although cromartie is far more athletic revis is a far better player because he's smart.
    This made me laugh so hard, but it is completely accurate. No amount of athleticism can overcome the lack of smarts.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    My Lakers don't look too bad.

Sent from my DROID3
    RazrBlade
  6. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacK_N_87 View Post
    My Lakers don't look too bad.

Sent from my DROID3
    They're adjusting without Odom and you can definitely see it. Bynum is beasting it up though. At this point I don't even want Odom, he looks like a chicken without its head running around everytime he's out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Twitter
    @bacK_N_87
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    They're adjusting without Odom and you can definitely see it. Bynum is beasting it up though. At this point I don't even want Odom, he looks like a chicken without its head running around everytime he's out there.

Man he does look pretty lost out there. We got a few shooters just wonder if they can play at that next level.

Sent from my DROID3
    RazrBlade
  8. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacK_N_87 View Post
    Man he does look pretty lost out there. We got a few shooters just wonder if they can play at that next level.

Sent from my DROID3
    Odom is still hurt by the trade imo. The guy really loved LA and LA fans really loved him, too bad it went down that way. All I can say is he's not really helping the Mavs right now and certainly living up to his known level of play. I think the Mavs will take a good 15-20 games before we get the ship on the right track.
  9. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Went to the warriors game last night and remembered this thread. Let's get some good NBA talk going, season is almost half over.

edit: wow what a crappy pic. Forgot to focus and hands were a bit shaky, but that's a pic from the upperdeck. Free tickets ftw
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who thinks this NBA season will be cancled ?-uploadfromtaptalk1329417843258.jpg  
    Last edited by dezymond; 02-16-2012 at 11:47 AM.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Proud of the Knicks right now. They're destroying the former champs in the first quarter
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links