DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Market Crashing

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by buellboy9 View Post
    You may be right about compcache. I enabled it, confirmed it was enabled, then set it on my night stand (in "clock" mode) before I fell asleep. This morning I noticed the clock was frozen at "4:17" and the phone was very very warm. I had to do a battery pull to reboot it.

I checked the compcache stats after the reboot, and it does not appear to be activated after a boot. That's really the only thing different, so for now I'm going to blame compcache, and just not bother messing with it anymore.
    compcache really shouldnt cause that. but are you using a dock?
    i used a dock and it overheated my droid. on everyrom. not just sourcery. i think their are some bad docks out there. i couldnt use it because of that.
    but if you have been using it without problems and now its oerheating .
    use setcpu and turn the speeds while charging down. by default the phone runs at full speed while charging and maybe some roms do that automaticllly.
    we didnt change anything we didnt need to to make certain functions work. we wanted it to be as source as possible.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Very strange. I stick it in the charging dock EVERY night. Last night was the first time I'd ever seen that behavior. As far as I know, the only difference was having compcache enabled (though why that should make any difference is beyond me).

I do have a license for SetCPU, though, so should I uninstall CPUBoost and use SetCPU instead?
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus

well

you can try it tongiht with compcache off and see what happens. my phone would heat up pretty fast so its was easy to tell its a problem.
    setcpu is a much more advanced program. the one included was so the option was there for basic overclocking. i dont like the stuff that is put in settings its too basic. but id use set cpu if you have it its more advanced.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I don't see "Experimental #3" listed amongst the available themes... where does one find it? I'm feeling brave...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  5. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    Experimental 3 is just the updated market app, if you have installed a theme you already have it. Anyway its located in: Settings > Sourcery Magic > Alternate Apps > all the way on the bottom
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Yep, so I've been told. It's installed now and so far, so good. Let's see how it behaves over the next few days. I still have my backup of the complete system with the OLD market if the new one should start going haywire again.

7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well, there is definitely something about my phone that does NOT like the new Market under Sourcery 2.2, that's for sure. I noticed that Script Manager had an update, so I used the new market I just flashed from Experimental #3 to download it. It downloaded and installed successfully (just like the iBeer app the last time) and then the market went into that "Crashing Loop" it did before.

This time I have a backup with the OLD market so I'm restoring that now. Wish I knew what the heck was going on with that new one though. Doesn't seem I really need it so I'm not going to give it any more thought.
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    Well, there is definitely something about my phone that does NOT like the new Market under Sourcery 2.2, that's for sure. I noticed that Script Manager had an update, so I used the new market I just flashed from Experimental #3 to download it. It downloaded and installed successfully (just like the iBeer app the last time) and then the market went into that "Crashing Loop" it did before.

This time I have a backup with the OLD market so I'm restoring that now. Wish I knew what the heck was going on with that new one though. Doesn't seem I really need it so I'm not going to give it any more thought.
    wierd. script manager didnt exist when this rom was made. so i dont know if its compatible i have never tried it just heard about it recently.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Well, considering this happened with two completely different apps I don't think the app matters. After the restore using the old market to install the update worked just fine. No market crashing loops.

10. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    Well, considering this happened with two completely different apps I don't think the app matters. After the restore using the old market to install the update worked just fine. No market crashing loops.

Since i really don't have any ideas for your problem.. would you be able to try without script manager installed to if it matters..? Eagle usually makes good guesses

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Links