DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Installation of Sourcery 2.2

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    using root explorer or titanium backup remove the app.
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Or the new app i'm working on which should be out soon just one more thing to fix just don't really feel like messing with it much lately but it does have a system app uninstaller so theres a little sneak peak
  3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus

several

as he said use root explorer and remove it than reboot.
    it wsa removed in that 2.2 full install rom.
  4. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    Please use the link in my sig and reflash the correct full version of Sourcery.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    @lancasterv3
    Phone
    Droid X-Cyanogen4DX- >:-)
    I don't want to sound like a newb, I just hate messing up initial installs "it makes me feel dirty lol" .....when you say clear data/cache 3x do you mean through clockwork recovery of Moto's recovery? Just want to be clear I am doing this to my girlfriends phone, and if I mess this up I shall not see tomorrow I put her on CM 7.0.3 then LGB but neither ran smooth and she does not care for it. It seems like all GB roms I have put on there do not run right. So I think I will give her some magic with this ROM.
    thanks in advance.
    Last edited by lancasterv3; 06-29-2011 at 04:52 PM.
  6. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    Through clockwork recovery, Please follow the link in my signature to the most recent version of Sourcery.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

2.2 Install won't stick

Love the ROM in my limited experience so far. Coming from a year of endless terribly GB ROMs, the speed and stability have been welcome. I only wish I had come back to Froyo sooner.

One problem I'm having, I can't get it to recognize 2.2. At this point I'd say screw it, but it keeps notifying me of an update to 2.1, which is annoying.

Here's what I've done:

1.) Downloaded and installed the full version 2.2 from the link in Chizzele's profile.
    2.) Wiped data/cache, installed, played with it. Read the thread here about 2.2 after I first noticed I was on 2.0.
    3.) Proceeded to wipe data/cache a trillion times. Reinstalling 2.2 a few times in between.
    4.) At one point I formatted data, cache, system, boot, and SD each 3 times through recovery, then reapplied the install. There are probably a few times in there where I wiped data/cache a fourth and fifth time on top of the individual formats I ran on data, cache, boot, and SD.

Any ideas? Can I at least turn off the notification and just wait out this last month before the Prime in peace?
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by theotherllama View Post
    Love the ROM in my limited experience so far. Coming from a year of endless terribly GB ROMs, the speed and stability have been welcome. I only wish I had come back to Froyo sooner.

One problem I'm having, I can't get it to recognize 2.2. At this point I'd say screw it, but it keeps notifying me of an update to 2.1, which is annoying.

Here's what I've done:

1.) Downloaded and installed the full version 2.2 from the link in Chizzele's profile.
    2.) Wiped data/cache, installed, played with it. Read the thread here about 2.2 after I first noticed I was on 2.0.
    3.) Proceeded to wipe data/cache a trillion times. Reinstalling 2.2 a few times in between.
    4.) At one point I formatted data, cache, system, boot, and SD each 3 times through recovery, then reapplied the install. There are probably a few times in there where I wiped data/cache a fourth and fifth time on top of the individual formats I ran on data, cache, boot, and SD.

Any ideas? Can I at least turn off the notification and just wait out this last month before the Prime in peace?
    hi ya. ok there is a newer version but what you have is fine. just go into system apps and remove sourcery updater.apk and reboot and you should be good.
    the newer version just removes that and another file but no big deal just do it manually.
    let me know if you still have problems.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Links