DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patent or something?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid

Patent or something?

Tried other roms just because.

Every rom I can think of is half what sourcery is. I was wondering if there's something preventing other devs from just looking at sourcery and say "hey, that feature is great, ima put it in my rom".

Anyway, yea, back to sourcery, and unless some dev manages to catch up, sourcery will be running my d1 until my next phone....but with big names dropping d1 support, I'm thinking soucery will be the pinnacle of d1 roms.

3. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    DroidForums.net Developer
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Nope there's no patent don't think anyone really pantents this stuff anyway glad u like the rom still runnin strong here as well

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter View Post
    Tried other roms just because.

Every rom I can think of is half what sourcery is. I was wondering if there's something preventing other devs from just looking at sourcery and say "hey, that feature is great, ima put it in my rom".

Anyway, yea, back to sourcery, and unless some dev manages to catch up, sourcery will be running my d1 until my next phone....but with big names dropping d1 support, I'm thinking soucery will be the pinnacle of d1 roms.
    +1 on everything... i keep trying new roms but Sourcery is by far ahead of everyone!

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RZR!
    I refuse to even try another rom.
    This is the best one I had found and I will run it till my D1 dies....
    I finally replaced the OG with a brand new white RZR!!
  6. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg72 View Post
    I refuse to even try another rom.
    This is the best one I had found and I will run it till my D1 dies....
    And you are right not to try, i keep trying and usually within a couple of day im back at Sourcery. The only thing that has similar stability is Gimpsource but lacks the features. None of the GB Roms really worked for me and the ones that were semi ok did not have any of the features Sourcery has.

I was really hoping for a nice GB Rom that will be stable and feature packed so i can keep enjoying the D1 but nothing really compares.. Eagle mentioned maybe developing Sourcery on g2x and i think Gflam might pitch in and if that is the case i'll might follow on to the g2x..

Anyway in the mean time my OG is Sourcerized
    Last edited by Chizzele; 04-24-2011 at 08:39 AM.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    Yea i'd write apps and what not for it if he does decide to do it on the g2x and i'd script as well but obviously wouldn't be able to run it but i guess i'd get some apps to run ha
  8. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus

gingerbread

ok they have released the source code but its froyo. so i am waiting for the gingerbread update and source before i would do anything. noone would want froyo on this device that is powerful enough to run gingerbread. with the froyo source i would think it would be easy to port sourcery over, but there arent any kernels yet and such so would really take alot away from it. and i am moving so once i get all set up will see what we have .

chizzle custom rom or no man this phone is great. cm is already working on it, rooted and recovery already available. i havent rooted yet waiting to make sure the phone doesnt have the problems some report. but amazingly enough the reboot problems people mention all seemed to use titanium to restore, seems to be the most popular thing over at xda
    and remember gflam i had emailed go launcher about using it in the rom and they never responded. and it wasnt half of what they have now its nice. i have regina,adw,stock and go launcher all installed ans switching back and forth trying to figure out the keeper for when custom rom comes out. and no lag redraws or anything.

i didnt think the screen 4 inch was much bigger but noiw when i go back to the droid i notice it and man even clocked at 900 the droid is slow

gflam need to come up with some conspiracy to get your parents to switch to tmobile so you can get this phone romming aside funy this thing is better than my laptop
  9. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    That is good news.. how is Tmobile service and 4g though.. do u notice the difference?
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus

service

Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post
    That is good news.. how is Tmobile service and 4g though.. do u notice the difference?
    ok here where i am living now i only have edge service but its steady. have wifi at home of course so no big deal. on verizon i had 3g here .
    where i work and am moving to they have 4g. got 8megs down 2 up approx.

tmobile has wifi calling built in so no sip setup and all that crud. so if theres wifi you can call which is a great thing for camping as they ussually have wifi but no signal.(in the mountains) here.

att here where i live now had no signal hardly at all and couldnt hold a call.

tmobile has great service around northern colorado and 4g upgraded and they are continuing . i understand the 4g where i work just went live last couple weeks.

no verizon 4g here where i live,work or in the area. and not announced so it will be another year at least.

tmobile is friendly with developers and have tweeted that they cant wait to see what cm can do with the g2x and even gave him a slate and released the source code 3 days after release.

they do charge 15 bucks for tethering supposedly, but its turned on by default in this froyo build at least no rooting or anything its working. i guess if you do a lot they might say something.

the 2 gig limit before throtteling you was only for that 79.99 package they offer. for 89 i got 1000 minutes unlimieted data and text. i wont ever use 1000 minutes , why would i make phone calls on my portable computer .

i hear they throttle after 5 gigs but i dont see that printed in the small print so they may have taken that away since they offered that 79.99 plan with 2 gigs before throtteling dont know.

and verizon is charging 300 for the charge so i can only imagine what they will charge for a real new gen phone.

so its really about how is tmobile service where you are at. since its not like verizon and probably good everywhere but if its got service where you need it its good.

definatley wouldnt be a internet service for me at the house here. but i wouldnt do that anyway thats what is causing them to do all this throttleing and crap wish people would stop using a phone as their tethered internet device than those that want to use it for video and stuff wouldnt have to worry. waiting for my micro hdmi cord i ordered the wrong one the first time but i hear it does video streaming mirror so thats what i was looking for.
    only thing with the phone is only 512 of ram but so far it hasnt seemed to be a problem. system has 1.2 gigs in it so no worry about themes

this year is gonna be the year of the mobile phones. ther are just so many great phones coming. but this one is here now and isnt lacking much from what is announced through summer so shouldnt be any buyers remorse until october
  11. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Twitter
    @init2winitapps
    Phone
    Moto Droid/HTC Evo 3D
    Well i guess i better get going on a sourcery spell book app packed with all kinds of stuff since it seems you'll be getting sourcery going hit me up some time and we'll write up what should go in

As for me getting the g2x i'll see what i can do i still have a little before i can switch to anything but i guess we'll see if not i can still write for sourcery i have tons of ideas for apps and i think a spell book would be really nice for it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links