DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GB Roms Recap

1. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer

GB Roms Recap

Just an update... after cruising between several GB Roms.. i will not use names to not be bashing of someone else's hard work..

I have concluded that Sourcery's 4 months old features are unmatched, Sourcery's stability is superior, Sourcery support is (was) priceless, Sourcery's peace of mind to use as the daily driver is ...

So to summerize this thread and to keep it light.. Sourcery has set the bar so high it still casts a shadow over active Roms... All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts..

And if anyone here feels like me please put in the good word and maybe.. just maybe Eagle1967 and Gflam would rethink their legal seperation and try to reconcile and bring Sourcery back to life... because it will save a lot of us a lot of phone upgrade dollars that we will be happy to donate

Just my two cents..

3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    I agree 100%!!

Sent down with a Bolt of lightening!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post
    Just an update... after cruising between several GB Roms.. i will not use names to not be bashing of someone else's hard work..

I have concluded that Sourcery's 4 months old features are unmatched, Sourcery's stability is superior, Sourcery support is (was) priceless, Sourcery's peace of mind to use as the daily driver is ...

So to summerize this thread and to keep it light.. Sourcery has set the bar so high it still casts a shadow over active Roms... All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts..

And if anyone here feels like me please put in the good word and maybe.. just maybe Eagle1967 and Gflam would rethink their legal seperation and try to reconcile and bring Sourcery back to life... because it will save a lot of us a lot of phone upgrade dollars that we will be happy to donate

Just my two cents..
    I agree wholeheartedly! I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers. The market is open for someone who will keep developing the froyo ROMs. I went to anther ROM, simply because I want to use one that will continue to be tweaked, and improved. They just no longer exist. Sourcery (or Sorcery ) was/is still the best. Eagle and Gflam provided unmatched service. I donated $25 to them, and would like to propose another $25 if they (or one) go back to Froyo and keep the magic coming. Now, how many of you all will match me?
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    ....All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts.. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by PARick View Post
    ....I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers....
    Lawlz, I find this hilarious. Why don't you PM a few & let them know about their mistakes?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    ....All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts.. ..
    ....I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers....
    Lawlz, I find this hilarious. Why don't you PM a few & let them know about their mistakes?
    I have, and posted this in their threads as well. For example, go to Project Elite, which I think is the best Gingerbread ROM out there, and see their poll. Last time I checked, over 1/2 of those who installed the Gingerbread ROM, went back to an earlier Froyo. I just don't think the D1 can handle Gingerbread. My opinion, and a buck-fifty, will get you a cup of coffee.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    I have, and posted this in their threads as well. For example, go to Project Elite, which I think is the best Gingerbread ROM out there, and see their poll. Last time I checked, over 1/2 of those who installed the Gingerbread ROM, went back to an earlier Froyo. I just don't think the D1 can handle Gingerbread. My opinion, and a buck-fifty, will get you a cup of coffee.
    You mean assume 1/2 of those taking that pole went back to a 2.2. I can assume it's your opinion because you're saying it.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RZR!
    Sourcery is by far the best Rom I've tried. I won't change anytime soon. I just wish they could work out their issues and get it back together. Come on eagle and gflam.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    I finally replaced the OG with a brand new white RZR!!
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

You mean assume 1/2 of those taking that pole went back to a 2.2. I can assume it's your opinion because you're saying it.
    No actually, that one is a fact. They went back to 4.2 . Unless those taking the poll lied.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #

No actually, that one is a fact. They went back to 4.2 . Unless those taking the poll lied.
    Facts do not require truth. For instance, how many tapatalkers didn't even realize it was a pole. Anyway,my point was the "dev mistake" comment is naive.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Facts do not require truth. For instance, how many tapatalkers didn't even realize it was a pole. Anyway,my point was the "dev mistake" comment is naive.
    Ok, well don't really want to get in an arguement, because I actually don't understand your point. I clearly said that was my opinion. I can't account for those who didn't read the thread designating it as a poll. They voted, nonetheless. Anyway, if you like how Gingerbread is working on your phone, and you want them to continue to develop Gingerbread ROMs, that is up to you, and I'm glad it works for you. It has some great features. Alot of which render things such as texting and calling inconsistent for a good number of people. Heck, I even supported some of those developing GB. I just think everybody jumped on the GB bandwagon, not realizing that it just dosen't play real nice with the Droid 1, or at least my Droid 1. Any way, cheers.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links