DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: GB Roms Recap

  1. Team Sourcery
    Chizzele's Avatar
    Member #
    152716
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    2,023
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #1

    GB Roms Recap

    Just an update... after cruising between several GB Roms.. i will not use names to not be bashing of someone else's hard work..

    I have concluded that Sourcery's 4 months old features are unmatched, Sourcery's stability is superior, Sourcery support is (was) priceless, Sourcery's peace of mind to use as the daily driver is ...

    So to summerize this thread and to keep it light.. Sourcery has set the bar so high it still casts a shadow over active Roms... All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts..

    And if anyone here feels like me please put in the good word and maybe.. just maybe Eagle1967 and Gflam would rethink their legal seperation and try to reconcile and bring Sourcery back to life... because it will save a lot of us a lot of phone upgrade dollars that we will be happy to donate

    Just my two cents..
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    I agree 100%!!

    Sent down with a Bolt of lightening!!
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Master Droid
    PARick's Avatar
    Member #
    69465
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    726
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post
    Just an update... after cruising between several GB Roms.. i will not use names to not be bashing of someone else's hard work..

    I have concluded that Sourcery's 4 months old features are unmatched, Sourcery's stability is superior, Sourcery support is (was) priceless, Sourcery's peace of mind to use as the daily driver is ...

    So to summerize this thread and to keep it light.. Sourcery has set the bar so high it still casts a shadow over active Roms... All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts..

    And if anyone here feels like me please put in the good word and maybe.. just maybe Eagle1967 and Gflam would rethink their legal seperation and try to reconcile and bring Sourcery back to life... because it will save a lot of us a lot of phone upgrade dollars that we will be happy to donate

    Just my two cents..
    I agree wholeheartedly! I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers. The market is open for someone who will keep developing the froyo ROMs. I went to anther ROM, simply because I want to use one that will continue to be tweaked, and improved. They just no longer exist. Sourcery (or Sorcery ) was/is still the best. Eagle and Gflam provided unmatched service. I donated $25 to them, and would like to propose another $25 if they (or one) go back to Froyo and keep the magic coming. Now, how many of you all will match me?
  5. Droid Ninja
    dfuser312553's Avatar
    Member #
    110383
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,084
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post
    ....All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts.. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by PARick View Post
    ....I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers....
    Lawlz, I find this hilarious. Why don't you PM a few & let them know about their mistakes?
  6. Master Droid
    PARick's Avatar
    Member #
    69465
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    726
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post
    ....All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts.. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by PARick View Post
    ....I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers....
    Lawlz, I find this hilarious. Why don't you PM a few & let them know about their mistakes?
    I have, and posted this in their threads as well. For example, go to Project Elite, which I think is the best Gingerbread ROM out there, and see their poll. Last time I checked, over 1/2 of those who installed the Gingerbread ROM, went back to an earlier Froyo. I just don't think the D1 can handle Gingerbread. My opinion, and a buck-fifty, will get you a cup of coffee.
  7. Droid Ninja
    dfuser312553's Avatar
    Member #
    110383
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,084
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PARick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chizzele View Post
    ....All of the hard working great developers who put their sweat and blood into GB have to rethink their efforts.. ..
    Quote Originally Posted by PARick View Post
    ....I really think going to Gingerbread was a huge mistake for most developers....
    Lawlz, I find this hilarious. Why don't you PM a few & let them know about their mistakes?
    I have, and posted this in their threads as well. For example, go to Project Elite, which I think is the best Gingerbread ROM out there, and see their poll. Last time I checked, over 1/2 of those who installed the Gingerbread ROM, went back to an earlier Froyo. I just don't think the D1 can handle Gingerbread. My opinion, and a buck-fifty, will get you a cup of coffee.
    You mean assume 1/2 of those taking that pole went back to a 2.2. I can assume it's your opinion because you're saying it.
  8. Senior Droid
    Dawg72's Avatar
    Member #
    142263
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yuma, Az
    Posts
    135
    Phone
    Droid RZR!
    #7
    Sourcery is by far the best Rom I've tried. I won't change anytime soon. I just wish they could work out their issues and get it back together. Come on eagle and gflam.

    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
    I finally replaced the OG with a brand new white RZR!!
  9. Master Droid
    PARick's Avatar
    Member #
    69465
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    726
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PARick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post


    Lawlz, I find this hilarious. Why don't you PM a few & let them know about their mistakes?
    I have, and posted this in their threads as well. For example, go to Project Elite, which I think is the best Gingerbread ROM out there, and see their poll. Last time I checked, over 1/2 of those who installed the Gingerbread ROM, went back to an earlier Froyo. I just don't think the D1 can handle Gingerbread. My opinion, and a buck-fifty, will get you a cup of coffee.
    You mean assume 1/2 of those taking that pole went back to a 2.2. I can assume it's your opinion because you're saying it.
    No actually, that one is a fact. They went back to 4.2 . Unless those taking the poll lied.
  10. Droid Ninja
    dfuser312553's Avatar
    Member #
    110383
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,084
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PARick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PARick View Post

    I have, and posted this in their threads as well. For example, go to Project Elite, which I think is the best Gingerbread ROM out there, and see their poll. Last time I checked, over 1/2 of those who installed the Gingerbread ROM, went back to an earlier Froyo. I just don't think the D1 can handle Gingerbread. My opinion, and a buck-fifty, will get you a cup of coffee.
    You mean assume 1/2 of those taking that pole went back to a 2.2. I can assume it's your opinion because you're saying it.
    No actually, that one is a fact. They went back to 4.2 . Unless those taking the poll lied.
    Facts do not require truth. For instance, how many tapatalkers didn't even realize it was a pole. Anyway,my point was the "dev mistake" comment is naive.
  11. Master Droid
    PARick's Avatar
    Member #
    69465
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    726
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PARick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by poontab View Post

    You mean assume 1/2 of those taking that pole went back to a 2.2. I can assume it's your opinion because you're saying it.
    No actually, that one is a fact. They went back to 4.2 . Unless those taking the poll lied.
    Facts do not require truth. For instance, how many tapatalkers didn't even realize it was a pole. Anyway,my point was the "dev mistake" comment is naive.
    Ok, well don't really want to get in an arguement, because I actually don't understand your point. I clearly said that was my opinion. I can't account for those who didn't read the thread designating it as a poll. They voted, nonetheless. Anyway, if you like how Gingerbread is working on your phone, and you want them to continue to develop Gingerbread ROMs, that is up to you, and I'm glad it works for you. It has some great features. Alot of which render things such as texting and calling inconsistent for a good number of people. Heck, I even supported some of those developing GB. I just think everybody jumped on the GB bandwagon, not realizing that it just dosen't play real nice with the Droid 1, or at least my Droid 1. Any way, cheers.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. D2G roms
    By youngkyl50 in forum Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 06:14 PM
  2. Full Verizon CES 2011 Press Release Recap
    By dgstorm in forum Android News
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
  3. New Roms
    By arty2hottie in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
  4. Source roms vs stock roms
    By elucid in forum LithiumMod
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 03:30 PM

Search tags for this page

dewey oxburger italy bed scene
,
gb android rom
,

gb rom

,
gb rom for razr
,

gb roms

,
gflam leaving sorcery
,
how many gb does a incredible have
,
hulka welcome to italy
,
juno email
,
lol how many gigs is my droid pro
,
on my droid pro, how do i find out how many gigabites ive us
,
roms gbc android
,
sourcery rom droid og 1 gingerbread
,
welcome to italy hulka
,

what is a gb rom

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+