DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: GB Roms Recap

  1. Droid
    Kenny Bats's Avatar
    Member #
    159908
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    49
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #21
    What types of problems are you facing? It's one thing to say that you think developing for GB was a mistake but please give some examples. My OG hadles GB just fine. I really haven't had any issues at all besides a random reboot here and there. No big deal to me though. I am currently running PEGB but have used CM, LGB and most all the GPA's and have settled on PE for now. I didnt have really any issues with any of the ROM's just prefer PE at this time.
    I work in IT and have to say that 99% of the time its END USER ERROR! Go back to stock or develop your your own ROM instead of complaining.
  2. Droid Ninja
    danceswithbongs's Avatar
    Member #
    143140
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A TeePee outside of Detroit
    Posts
    1,040
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    #22
    Kenny
    Don't mistake lamenting for complaining.
    It was written more to hail Sourcery, I believe, than to attack other ROMs and their developers.
    Many threads here have been in regards to what ROM to try post Sourcery.
    And this was a report back on one Sourcerers experience for those who are still running Sourcery and have yet to flash anything else. I wrote something not the same, but similar in reporting back to the crew my individual experience.
    Many who used this ROM became devotees and have lamented the finality of it.
    The OP if read more in context to the entirety of the life cycle of Sourcery, comes across a bit different. Not as an attack or insult, but rather a wish that all good things did not have to end.
    The thread is much less about dissing and more about what could have been but will never be.
    Hopefully you can see it in a slightly different light.
    Just as you, GB has been great for me and my OG.
    And with GB it is less user error and more the state and health of the individual OG.
    Just wanted to shed some additional light so perhaps you might see this for what it is or meant to be.
    No need for any arguments of somewhat unwarranted nature due to message being lost in translation.
    We all have the best smartphone around.
    danceswithbongs
  3. Developer
    eagle1967's Avatar
    Member #
    17650
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    1,194
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #23

    Its alive

    yeah ive been watching and wanted to say thanks for all the great comments on our rom. Sorry for the quick cancelation i had my reasons. But i have seen a lot of in fighting in these threads. its funny 2 days ago gflam sent me a post with 168 viewers in sourcery threads never had that many when it was in production.

    what i see is people that want to continue to talk about sourcery and believe its more stable and works for them better than a GB rom. this is a sourcery thread so i dont see the problem. i dont see people going to the GB threads and saying this rom is horrible soucery is better , so why is it people have to come in here and argue.

    Keep in mind that they probably know i am reading this forum and that i 100% agree that gb is not the way to go for droid 1's no matter how much is working its still a huge memory issue i do not like having an app close everytime i leave it thats worse than apples implementation of multitask. and i guess since i did build my own rom i am allowed to say that right?

    If Gb works for you great but until you can go and answer every problem in the threads as to why those people are having those issues you should stop complaining about people complaining. that is the main problem with gb for some people they have problems and they get no answers other than its user error but that just isnt always the case just because it works on 1 phone doesnt mean it will on another. i can say most problems are caused by themes and not the rom itself though.

    but thanks for the support all and if you dont care about sourcery please stop coming in here and arguing with the users that are trying to talk about sourcery.

    for anyone wondering about the future of sourcery only guarantee i could tell you is there will not be a sourcery gingerbread for the droid 1 ever.

    CM has done a great job getting the things working and its great so many people are enjoying it. but the users here that had problems arent lying, there is no reason to- the rom they are talking about isnt in production. so please stop coming to this thread making deflamatory statements ie( stop complaining and build your own rom) they have every right to make any statement they want. and are doing it politely . Your post was uncalled for but it did make me make an appearance. but now your gonna have to read the response by bongs and that could be long
  4. Master Droid
    adsfa34's Avatar
    Member #
    102412
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    418
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post
    yeah ive been watching and wanted to say thanks for all the great comments on our rom. Sorry for the quick cancelation i had my reasons. But i have seen a lot of in fighting in these threads. its funny 2 days ago gflam sent me a post with 168 viewers in sourcery threads never had that many when it was in production.

    what i see is people that want to continue to talk about sourcery and believe its more stable and works for them better than a GB rom. this is a sourcery thread so i dont see the problem. i dont see people going to the GB threads and saying this rom is horrible soucery is better , so why is it people have to come in here and argue.

    Keep in mind that they probably know i am reading this forum and that i 100% agree that gb is not the way to go for droid 1's no matter how much is working its still a huge memory issue i do not like having an app close everytime i leave it thats worse than apples implementation of multitask. and i guess since i did build my own rom i am allowed to say that right?

    If Gb works for you great but until you can go and answer every problem in the threads as to why those people are having those issues you should stop complaining about people complaining. that is the main problem with gb for some people they have problems and they get no answers other than its user error but that just isnt always the case just because it works on 1 phone doesnt mean it will on another. i can say most problems are caused by themes and not the rom itself though.

    but thanks for the support all and if you dont care about sourcery please stop coming in here and arguing with the users that are trying to talk about sourcery.

    for anyone wondering about the future of sourcery only guarantee i could tell you is there will not be a sourcery gingerbread for the droid 1 ever.

    CM has done a great job getting the things working and its great so many people are enjoying it. but the users here that had problems arent lying, there is no reason to- the rom they are talking about isnt in production. so please stop coming to this thread making deflamatory statements ie( stop complaining and build your own rom) they have every right to make any statement they want. and are doing it politely . Your post was uncalled for but it did make me make an appearance. but now your gonna have to read the response by bongs and that could be long
    + 1 million ... well said, eagle. my question of the possibility for a "GB sourcery" was a combination of wishful thinking and a sideways comment of "if anyone could do it well, you guys could." i was on [insert common GB ROM here] for a day before i re-flashed sourcery.

    a *lot* of personal preference goes into the "what ROM is best?" question...hence why there is such ongoing debate. but i can faithfully say that, IN MY OPINION, sourcery is unmatched in nearly every metric. but we all still need to respect other users' opinions and recognize that they may not care for the same things that we do. some users see customization as superfluous. some see it as gold. some users see theming as tacky. some see it as art.

    i know which camp i'm a part of, and i'm proud of it. and i'm glad to be running sourcery and it will be a long time before that isn't the case.

    great work again eagle (& gflam) ... and i know that if there was *ever* a chance for y'all to get back together (i know you had your reasons, and i'm not undermining them) and resurrect sourcery, I know for certain that you would have a *lot* of people here to support you.

    all the best to the both of you
  5. Senior Droid
    Dawg72's Avatar
    Member #
    142263
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yuma, Az
    Posts
    135
    Phone
    Droid RZR!
    #25
    Thanks for stopping by eagle. Who cares what some people say. Sourcery is a great rom and I am still using it as I have refused to flash anything else for now. Thanks for your hard work with Gflam in making it. Still the best thing for the OG as far as I'm concerned.
  6. Droid Ninja
    danceswithbongs's Avatar
    Member #
    143140
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A TeePee outside of Detroit
    Posts
    1,040
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    #26
    Eagle the title of your post was the exact words from Stripes that popped into my head.
    Now don't go messing with my longwindedness as it is due to incredible lung capacity that the good lord blessed me with.
    But if you wanna go, I'm on the next plane to Colorado where I will kidnap you and fly to San Fran where I will take you down. Down to China Town...
    Perhaps some Dim Sum.
    Glad to see you have been keepin your pimp hand strong.
    danceswithbongs
  7. Developer
    eagle1967's Avatar
    Member #
    17650
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    1,194
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #27

    exactly

    Quote Originally Posted by danceswithbongs View Post
    Eagle the title of your post was the exact words from Stripes that popped into my head.
    Now don't go messing with my longwindedness as it is due to incredible lung capacity that the good lord blessed me with.
    But if you wanna go, I'm on the next plane to Colorado where I will kidnap you and fly to San Fran where I will take you down. Down to China Town...
    Perhaps some Dim Sum.
    Glad to see you have been keepin your pimp hand strong.
    danceswithbongs
    someone told me the title sounded like sourcery was alive i told them no from stripes when the sergent comes back

    you know it kinda scares me that we are thinking alike.
  8. Team Sourcery
    Chizzele's Avatar
    Member #
    152716
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    2,023
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #28
    I know you are still around eagle... almost like old times...

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danceswithbongs View Post
    Eagle the title of your post was the exact words from Stripes that popped into my head.
    Now don't go messing with my longwindedness as it is due to incredible lung capacity that the good lord blessed me with.
    But if you wanna go, I'm on the next plane to Colorado where I will kidnap you and fly to San Fran where I will take you down. Down to China Town...
    Perhaps some Dim Sum.
    Glad to see you have been keepin your pimp hand strong.
    danceswithbongs
    someone told me the title sounded like sourcery was alive i told them no from stripes when the sergent comes back

    you know it kinda scares me that we are thinking alike.


    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. Droid Ninja
    danceswithbongs's Avatar
    Member #
    143140
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A TeePee outside of Detroit
    Posts
    1,040
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    #29

    Italian Barracks Scene 1 Take 1

    Dewey Oxburger speaking to his bunkmate: Yeah you make my bed because we're in Italy, if we were in Germany I'd make your bed. But we're in Italy.

    Voice of Sargeant Hulka off screen : Boys... Welcome to Italy.

    Winger: Itttt isssss aliiiive....

    and scene
  10. Droid Ninja
    MJ5150's Avatar
    Member #
    18384
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lacey, Washington
    Posts
    1,040
    Phone
    Droid 1
    #30
    I'm sticking with Sourcery, end of discussion for me. No plans of changing, ever. Why should I?

    But I do appreciate you other guys going out and trying the ROM's that don't work so I don't have to.

    -Mike
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. D2G roms
    By youngkyl50 in forum Motorola Droid 2 Global
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 06:14 PM
  2. Full Verizon CES 2011 Press Release Recap
    By dgstorm in forum Android News
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 11:08 AM
  3. New Roms
    By arty2hottie in forum Android Roms
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
  4. Source roms vs stock roms
    By elucid in forum LithiumMod
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 03:30 PM

Search tags for this page

dewey oxburger italy bed scene
,
gb android rom
,

gb rom

,
gb rom for razr
,

gb roms

,
gflam leaving sorcery
,
how many gb does a incredible have
,
hulka welcome to italy
,
juno email
,
lol how many gigs is my droid pro
,
on my droid pro, how do i find out how many gigabites ive us
,
roms gbc android
,
sourcery rom droid og 1 gingerbread
,
welcome to italy hulka
,

what is a gb rom

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+