DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: 2.0 Theme or rom issues or requests post here.

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid

Question No Phone

Okay guys heres a good one I want to use the alt contacts so I installed it it's under magic the first one in settings well I lost my phone no access to phone or contacts is this a bug ro something I'm not doning. I can get my phone back by reinstalling the rom but I want the other features the the alt contact mod provides nay ideas??
  2. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    DroidForums.net Developer
    I think something in the download of the file went wrong. Are you wifi, if not get on wifi and try again.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    I just installed the rom, but the market would download apps, but hang on installing them. Also hung on installing from the file manager and even installing the DF app from the rom directly.

Sent from my webshooter using Tapatalk.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid

Update the Email.apk

Hey guys. I have tried many ROMs and this one is by far the best and fastest I have used. I understand this is an unsupported ROM which sucks because it is so good. However, I just came from UD 3.0 which had Gingerbread and the Email.apk had the ability to sync other folders with my exchange email server. Now dont get me wrong here as all I see online is about problems with Exchange security. This is not my issue, I just want to be able to get emails PUSHed to my phone for certain other folders I have. I have tried many other Email.apk files and by using adb to move the Email.apk files to the /system/app folder and installing the Email.apk but all I have done either gives me a Error parsing package or installation failed. Am I doing something wrong or can you not just install other apk versions like that.

Also, I know with 2.2 the support for WAV files was not there, but with the UD 3.0 which was running 2.3 did play my WAV files. I was wondering if I could do the same thing with the Music.apk

Thanks for any help that anyone might be able to provide me!!!
  5. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus

hmm

Well the email included is the one thatworks. With cooperate email not sure what your trying to do as for wave files didn't know if they played orbit but if its a gb thing yhanno it wouldn't work
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post
    Well the email included is the one thatworks. With cooperate email not sure what your trying to do as for wave files didn't know if they played orbit but if its a gb thing yhanno it wouldn't work

Thanks for replying. My corporate email account I have some folders. Inbox, Voicemail, Folder2, Folder3, ect... I have some rules setup that if it is a Voicemail to go straight to my Voicemail folder. When messages goto a different folder other than Inbox, my droid email doesnt get them unless I manually go into Email. Choose Folders, Select the voicemail folder and it checks then. With the Email that was in gb I was able to select the Voicemail Folder and say Sync this folder as well. Then my phone would let me know when I got a new message in that folder. So what I was trying to do was find or even extract the Email.apk from the UD3.0 ROM and replace the Email.apk in Sourcery2.2. Is that even possible?

As for the WAV files I do have a workaround which is fine with me. I just downloaded the Remote Wave Free app from the market and that works.
  7. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus

try this

If that apk is FBI only it wont work but delete the email apparently. Throw the email.apk in the2.2 update zip under system apparently and flash that if that doesn't work than I am guessing that apk wont work
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post
    If that apk is FBI only it wont work but delete the email apparently. Throw the email.apk in the2.2 update zip under system apparently and flash that if that doesn't work than I am guessing that apk wont work

eagle, You are awsome!! I took the apk from the UD3.0 ROM and put it in the system/app folder in the Sourcery 2.2 update.zip folder and then applied the update and it works GREAT!! I dont know why it wouldnt work with adb but oh well. Now that I understand the update.zip a method a little better I am gonna try working on the Music.apk one now.

Thanks again!!!
  9. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    As stated before: Sourcery Rom is the most Supported unsupported Rom.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Links