DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What direction do you want Sourcery to head in.

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue with froyo

13 18.31%
  • Switch to Gingerbread after 2.0

37 52.11%
  • Gonna wait for 2.0 to decide.

21 29.58%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What do you want us to do.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    My opinion is to keep going with froyo and make it better than it already is. You guys are doing a great job and look forward to future releases. Now about gb...I think you should wait and see how stable it runs and then possibly go from there. Would love to see your magic work on gb but froyo is the way to go right now =)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer

funny

I have run gingerbread
    the faster is in your head unless you haven't been running sourcery.
    But the built in sip is the feature noone has mentioned that i think is the flash of gingerbread.
    Dont forget these people are over clocking the roms out of the box. we will continue to show you stable speed at 600 with it being your choose to go higher. guess what i know a rom that seems to just kick ass but when you see what its clocked at there is a reason why.

We will go with what the majority wants. which is leaning highly to gingerbread. which will be fine. Just take time.

Sourcery 2.0 was put into Beta tonight. that means main features of the rom itself are in but additions externally still to be added. graphics/ui cleaning up and testing. once we hit RC than all the themes need to be reported but we will do this like with the rest get them as good as we can so we can release than fix them for you as we go.

Its still a ways off but wanted to keep you updated. I promise you wont be disappointed.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid, Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post
    I have run gingerbread
    But the built in sip is the feature noone has mentioned that i think is the flash of gingerbread.
    Dont forget these people are over clocking the roms out of the box. we will continue to show you stable speed at 600 with it being your choose to go higher. guess what i know a rom that seems to just kick ass but when you see what its clocked at there is a reason why.

We will go with what the majority wants. which is leaning highly to gingerbread. which will be fine. Just take time.

Sourcery 2.0 was put into Beta tonight. that means main features of the rom itself are in but additions externally still to be added. graphics/ui cleaning up and testing. once we hit RC than all the themes need to be reported but we will do this like with the rest get them as good as we can so we can release than fix them for you as we go.

Its still a ways off but wanted to keep you updated. I promise you wont be disappointed.
    Nice! I have to disagree about GB speed being in your head though, transition animations such as the ones in LP and ADW Ex are much smoother as is gaming, at least based on my comparison between CM7 GB and BB0.5 and Sapphire2.0. It's noticeable as in lag/stuttering vs. no lag. I didn't try sourcery though so maybe there's magic here I haven't seen
  4. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus

ok?

Quote Originally Posted by gambit07 View Post
    I have run gingerbread

Nice! I have to disagree about GB speed being in your head though, transition animations such as the ones in LP and ADW Ex are much smoother as is gaming, at least based on my comparison between CM7 GB and BB0.5 and Sapphire2.0. It's noticeable as in lag/stuttering vs. no lag. I didn't try sourcery though so maybe there's magic here I haven't seen
    in a couple you mention i dont doubt the lag the other one i would be surprised so i have to admit i didn't game on it. i jsut built it and looked around and ran a few benchmarks and just over all responsiveness and didn't see anything special. maybe the open gl drivers a re much better. i havent seen any lag like that on sourcery especially 2.0 im working on but i haven't played any graphic intensive games so if anyone else has experience here let us know. We attempt to do what the users want not what we want so it appears unless the votes after 2.0 all go to froyo that we will be switching.. to gingerbread and if the hack for the 3g continues to be effective than thats not a problem with me if it turns out that 3g is not fixed that we will not switch to it. But it looks like its working. but its a hack not a fix so to say.

AS i said i was reading about the sip and thats the feature i want
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    in northern cali, where the desert and the mountains meet
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    Tt
    I have run gingerbread

in a couple you mention i dont doubt the lag the other one i would be surprised so i have to admit i didn't game on it. i jsut built it and looked around and ran a few benchmarks and just over all responsiveness and didn't see anything special. maybe the open gl drivers a re much better. i havent seen any lag like that on sourcery especially 2.0 im working on but i haven't played any graphic intensive games so if anyone else has experience here let us know. We attempt to do what the users want not what we want so it appears unless the votes after 2.0 all go to froyo that we will be switching.. to gingerbread and if the hack for the 3g continues to be effective than thats not a problem with me if it turns out that 3g is not fixed that we will not switch to it. But it looks like its working. but its a hack not a fix so to say.

Eagle,
    What the heck is "sip"?....please don't laugh(even on the inside) about my nooby ignorance lol
    Thanks
    Cara
    Exclusive theme tester for Eiker83
    Check out Intensity, on Project Elite and Sourcery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/10767765...237?feat=email

The hottest theme is INTENSITY...IT ROCKS!!!

Picasa link for Emerald Metal coming soon
  6. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewing View Post
    Tt

Eagle,
    What the heck is "sip"?....please don't laugh(even on the inside) about my nooby ignorance lol
    Thanks
    Cara
    VOIP and SIP News: Android Gingerbread to allow VoIP calls
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    in northern cali, where the desert and the mountains meet
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Firewing View Post
    Tt

Eagle,
    Thanks
    Cara
    VOIP and SIP News: Android Gingerbread to allow VoIP calls
    Ahhh,nice that is a pretty awesome feature to have

Exclusive theme tester for Eiker83
    Check out Intensity, on Project Elite and Sourcery:

http://picasaweb.google.com/10767765...237?feat=email

The hottest theme is INTENSITY...IT ROCKS!!!

Picasa link for Emerald Metal coming soon
  8. Team Sourcery
    Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    Phone
    Sourcerized GN
    SIP built in is like a wet dream. I am using Fring for my sip calls and avoiding that with a built in SIP would be un real. Would it have texting capabilities through the SIP line as well ?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    56 times
    Phone
    Home
    Eagle
    What about the whole NFC thing, is that part of gingerbread or were the release notes mistaken?
    Because to me that is even cooler than anything SIP.
    As there are no apps that replicate NFC, at least from what I have read.
    Does anyone know about NFC or have I been going down the wrong path and totally going off of something I read incorrectly?
    Anyone?
    Bueller?
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by danceswithbongs View Post
    Eagle
    What about the whole NFC thing, is that part of gingerbread or were the release notes mistaken?
    Because to me that is even cooler than anything SIP.
    As there are no apps that replicate NFC, at least from what I have read.
    Does anyone know about NFC or have I been going down the wrong path and totally going off of something I read incorrectly?
    Anyone?
    Bueller?
    I'm pretty sure NFC is a dream of the future. Someday you will be able to use NFC similar to the way you can wave your rfid enabled credit card in front of the scanner at the checkout at the grocery store.

The big question is how useful will that be? Not much in my opinion.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Links