DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What direction do you want Sourcery to head in.

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continue with froyo

13 18.31%
  • Switch to Gingerbread after 2.0

37 52.11%
  • Gonna wait for 2.0 to decide.

21 29.58%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want us to do.

1. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_08 View Post
    First off I have loved the rom and updates. By far the smoothest and most options of any roms. I'm sure there is more you can do with froyo but my simple mind can't imagine any of that.

But since your soliciting ideas.... I think you guys should test out your skills and make the best GB rom available. If GB proves not to be stable then switch back to Froyo....but I'm pretty sure you'll have success with GB, plus more people that haven't tried Sourcery will give it a try if there is a solid GB Rom....

Either way I'll be waiting!
    Well your post sums it up. If we switch to gingerbread your look at months before we release anything. sicne gflam will be back in school and me back at work. i cant spend 20 hours a day for 5 days to rebuild , and the workings are different . It not a question of being able to do it its is it worth it. But we will do what the overwhelming number of people want.
  2. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    keep going with 2.0... Everything in the current 1.3 is amazing so I want more more more lol.

If GB ever gets stable then revisit the option to build from that platform.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Razr
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle1967 View Post

Well your post sums it up. If we switch to gingerbread your look at months before we release anything. sicne gflam will be back in school and me back at work. i cant spend 20 hours a day for 5 days to rebuild , and the workings are different . It not a question of being able to do it its is it worth it. But we will do what the overwhelming number of people want.
    Completely understandable. If you stay with froyo or go to GB take your time, I keep finding new things on the rom to keep me busy.

Or maybe GB can be the summer blockbuster release!
    "The" Droid with Liquid, replaced by the RAZR
    Motorola Xoom- stock...for now
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I find it frustrating that most developers seem to have abandoned their Froyo ROMs (which still need work) to chase gingerbread. I say stay with froyo, it runs well on the Droid 1 and you are able to truly make magic with it. Keeping as you are is only going to increase your distance from the pack and keep Sourcery as the king of all ROMs.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 1
    Absolutely stick w froyo. U guys r rockin it so far! Can't wait to see what 2.0 has in store...
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Alaskan Droid
    I have switched ROMS and have always came back to this one. I played on UD's GB for um 2hrs and switched back cause I couldn't take the instability. I say if there are improvments to be made in Froyo keep going with it until 1.you are board with it or 2. you have ran out of options to improve upon. Keep on doin what your doin. Keep up the awesome work
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Phone
    GSM Note 3, Note 2, Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YankInDaSouth View Post
    I'll admit that I don't know all the differences between froyo and GB, but I say stick with what you can make more stable. And right now that appears to be froyo. You guys have done an amazing job making this ROM both very stable and very fast. I'd hate to see those two important characteristics suffer for the sake of incorporating GB ...

That being said, if GB is successfully built on D1 I say go for it. But let the other guys figure it all out I'd rather you guys spend your valuable time continuing to fine tune and tweak the froyo version of Sourcery
    I agree with Yank - stay the course and improve on a superb rom. Gingerbread will be there down the road.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid

A little bit of both

I say concentrate most of your effort on 2.0 (.1, .2, etc.)

Wait till some of the other guys have ironed out the kinks before starting into 2.3 (Gingerbread). I know CM's current nightlies seem to run reasonably well, but I still think it is too soon to jump onto the bandwagon.

I don't think that there will be any trouble getting Gingerbread to run on our old phones. I think it is just a matter of sitting down and slogging through all of it (and I bet there's a lot).

I say by the time you feel pretty good and finished with the 2.x ROM, it will be time to start on your first Gingerbread ROM.

Set a target for when to start to look at Gingerbread. Spring break maybe (mid-March).
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    OG Droid
    That being said, if GB is successfully built on D1 I say go for it. But let the other guys figure it all out I'd rather you guys spend your valuable time continuing to fine tune and tweak the froyo version of Sourcery
    I don't think it is a matter of IF gingerbread will be successful on a D1, I think it is a matter of WHEN.

The guys at Cyanogen have already got a reasonably stable build of gingerbread for the D1, it isn't near being stamped stable yet, but it isn't horrible. I installed their nightly build #3 the other day and it seemed to be OK. I could make a call and everything.
  10. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpyestrada View Post
    I don't think it is a matter of IF gingerbread will be successful on a D1, I think it is a matter of WHEN.

The guys at Cyanogen have already got a reasonably stable build of gingerbread for the D1, it isn't near being stamped stable yet, but it isn't horrible. I installed their nightly build #3 the other day and it seemed to be OK. I could make a call and everything.
    Hey were working on allowing the droid 1 to make calls but its not a priority for sourcery . why is it people think phones should make calls?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Links