DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Next release survey.

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Phone
    Razr M, GN2, N10
    I am a big fan of ADW but I know not everyone is. It seems the point of your rom is the ease of customization. In that case I would start with the stock launcher(which for the record I hate lol) and possibly themed to match the rest of the rom. Then add the ability to install ADW through sorcery settings like Pandora, Youtube, and such are. Of course I know it is available through the market and will be unthemed but it adds ease to it like your other options. Of course if other want LP they will have to get it from the market since you said it cannot come preinstalled or maybe add it to the app installing list like the other ones also. But if the rom comes with the stock launcher there needs to be an option to remove it through the settings as maybe a preinstalled script that can be ran. In the list of apps to install there could be a list of apps to removed also....just a thought. I also agree with listenman20 when he stated that if its not themed then its not sorcery. You could always add a theme to the others that is more stockish for people that want that but your rom is unique in many different ways so IMO so should the theme of it.I think the fancy background is a nice touch but some (sorcery)wallpapers are needed also for people that do not use the live background. If they want it back it is always there. You could keep it as the preset Nexus LWP or add it as a separate sorcery LWP. As far as additional apps I just think twitter needs added to the list. Themed or unthemed, either way is good. Sorry this is so long...just a lot of ideas I had. I type like I talk....non-stop! lol Thanks for reading if you made it this far without going cross-eyed!
    "Without these devs our Droids would suck!"

"Lazy people don't wipe, then they end up with bugs."

Register for a dropbox accout and add 250MB to both of our accounts! http://db.tt/tlJHEUZ
  2. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Twitter
    droid1967
    Phone
    Droid 1/ G2x/Nexus
    DroidForums.net Developer

twitter

twitter was part of the rom until the last minute its just so darn big i pulled it i did plan on adding it additional apps just havent gotten that far. we are working on walppaer downloads for all the themes. My partner worked hard to day while he was out snowboarding but on stuff he could do from his phone which of course with sourcery is about anything

I really like adw and the stock browser doesnt do much. but i could put it as an alternate that would delete the stock launcher as you installed so that not a problem. will be adding in some delete capabilities.

Launcher pro will not be included in anything of course you can download it but the developer has failed to respond to mulitple attempt to contact him. and its been made clear it is not open source so i can not include it. Adw runs great for me its so funny how the same darn phone runs things differently

Colorize has a nice twitter reader with it if you havent found that.

Im working on fixing the few glitches we have. but we will be doing some rom update over the next few days , if rom update doesnt shut down quickly than you know your getting something and it will reboot your phone. follow us on twitter for announcements of availability.

Thanks again all 729 downloads of the rom to date. in 3 days so not too bad. If you are having any problems please be patient i am working on fixing those at his time.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    T-Bolt
    I would leave stock launcher and let user change to LP or ADW

only request I would ask for would be to see music controls added to lock screen
    Hit By Twisted Lightning
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by vstarx View Post
    only request I would ask for would be to see music controls added to lock screen
    mine has lockscreen controls....??? i've seen this posted several times, but it's been there ever since i flashed....i don't understand why ppl keep asking for it to be added.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    T-Bolt

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by listenman20 View Post
    mine has lockscreen controls....??? i've seen this posted several times, but it's been there ever since i flashed....i don't understand why ppl keep asking for it to be added.
    yeah your right not sure how i missed it but its there thanks
    maybe its the "magic" of the ROM that made it show up
    Hit By Twisted Lightning
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by vstarx View Post
    yeah your right not sure how i missed it but its there thanks
    maybe its the "magic" of the ROM that made it show up
    no problem...it's kinda funny that i even know it's there...i rarely use my lockscreen....i have an app/widget that i use to keep mine from showing lockscreen.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Adw as stock. I like the stock theme but not the blue line under notification bar. Make font default android font.Power control (bluetooth, brightness, sync, etc.)in notification pull down would be nice.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 2 Global

Thumbs up

My responses in order of the questions:

1. I would like to keep adw; although LauncherPro will work for me as well but since the choice was in between stock or adw, i will say adw.

2. I believe that stock would be an appropriate way! anyways a theme can be applied with touch of a button (more themes are needed though, two of the current are GIRL-ISH)

3. No fancy backgrounds for me please!!!

4. I believe that the included apps are fine. We can all install/uninstall any apps.

This probably is not the right place to give a suggestion but I thought I will shoot it anyways May be the ROM can also include a way to remove the slider unlock screen. I am not a big fan of that and would like to bypass the slider and directly like to go to the screen lock (pattern, PIN or whatever).. I don't know if that is possible of not but just a thought!!
    Liberated Droid 2 Global

Running Liberty 2.0.1 (Thanks to GRD team for the Romer; Kickasz23 for the work around & 13th angel for all the help) themed by
    Infinite Cha0s by es0tericcha0s
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID
    1. Stock (move adw to options)
    2. Stock (move blue to themes in settings)
    3. Include it in the themes (and/or put it in settings)
    4. Cpu boost, fancy widget, colorize widget, gemini calendar, notepad, wifi tether, droidforums, droid-life, phone portal
    Basically, a stock rom with stock transitions, stock fonts,etc.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    OneCraigB
    Phone
    HTC One
    Id say stay with ADW, and work on Stability, (if there are any issues now) the more that are added to ROMS's the less stable they become ive seen.

What good is a ROM chocked full of "extras" , (and this has plenty already) when its got stability issues. Keep it Lean and Mean, and if possible faster.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links