Hi Everyone I have come to ask your opinion,
So I have a Droid 1 right now that I bought back in December '10 and I am a serious hardcore user. I am rooted (CM7 R4) and have tons of apps and games on my phone. I have no laptop, tablet, i-pod, or GPS so my phone is really my primary electronic device for everything!!! I need to charge my phone multiple times a day!!! I really try and get apps that I use and I really try to remember I have them and to use them to make my life easier.......not just some cool tech gadget to show off......a swiss army knife in my pocket with unlimited accessories!! When you really think about it smart phones are really cool!!! AND of course I love to play games on my phone.....I never use my PSP or PC to play games anymore just my phone.
Anyway, so the way I see it I want to upgrade my Droid for the following reasons:
1. Bigger screen
2. Faster processor
3. More room for apps
4. More RAM to play the new larger games (Dungeon Defender etc)
Now, the reason why I really want the Xperia Play is that I only use my slide-out keyboard for emulators and it is still fairly hard to use it successfully!! So I figure this Xperia Play would be perfect!!! It is an Android smart phone just like the Droid only it has a slide out game-pad instead of the keyboard!!!
Now, I am one of these obsessive types and have read everything there is to read on this phone....I Google it at least once a day!!! And unfortunately have uncovered a few negatives about the new Sony in recent reviews from the UK and Gizmodo:
1. Screen is fairly dim especially in sun light (I mount my phone to the dash when ever I drive and use it as a GPS and to listen to POD casts...does this mean with the Play I will not really be able to do this?)
2. Phone memory is only up to 400mb (from Sony's site) they say up to because different carriers bloat ware will use up some of this. This really hurts considering the Driod Incredible that came out a year ago has Gigs of storage......what gives?? This one really makes me mad considering I have been living with the teeny tiny memory of the Droid all this time!!
3. Not very many exclusive games (will Sony really support for more than a few months? Will they make exclusive games not just PSX rehashes)
4. No dual core processor (aka how long will this device really be able to play the latest Android games?)
(Now, here I am hoping that Sony put a steak in the ground and that developers will use the hardware of the Play as their guide, sure there are already more powerful phones out there but it won't matter for most games, this IS the Android gaming machine and they will tailor there games to it......I can hope can't I??
5. The Sony NGP (supposed December release) will have 3G (Will it be Android based and how much!!!)
6. No 4G (I am almost kicking myself right now because Verizon if offering the Thunderbolt with unlimited 4G for 30 bucks a month!!! Don't really want this phone just the plan!!!
So I am writing this post to inform and also to ASK anyone else out there who is planning to get this phone why? Please help convince me I am not crazy and that I should get this phone!!!