DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: SGS3 vs Note 2

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    T-Mobile Note 3 Stock unrooted

SGS3 vs Note 2

What is the actual battery comparisons now that they have been out awhile?

how many avg hours realistically for each with moderate use?
    sent from Mars

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

Re: SGS3 vs Note 2

I can't speak for the gs3, but the note 2 that i own gets 4-5 hours of screen time with"yellow"coverage (under battery stats). I only have Twitter, Facebook,2 emails, and heytell, also a tiny bit of Pandora. However on Wi-Fi i can get about one hour of screen time per 10% of battery.

Return of the Android
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    793 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note3(N2/Nexus)
    Premium Member

I can also only speak of the Note 2..bigger battery and it always runs cool which I think helps tremendously.

I get around 6 hrs screen avg on time all on 4G no wifi.. Idle drain is great.. Easily can do 18 or more with my usage.. I don't use power savings mode or wifi which is can add to life..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
    Forum Rules Here!!

5. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

I have no hands on experience with these but I'm about to buy a new phone and have been reading every comparison I can find and the SG3 is quite a bit behind the Note in battery life from what I'm gathering. Shouldn't be a shock considering how much bigger the battery is in the note but basically the SG3 is about average in battery life comparable to the iPhone but the Note is really only rivaled by the Razr Maxx.

Again, that's just what I'm getting from reading forums and reviews and such so grain of salt and all that.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.
    bsweetness likes this.
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    I have no hands on experience with these but I'm about to buy a new phone and have been reading every comparison I can find and the SG3 is quite a bit behind the Note in battery life from what I'm gathering. Shouldn't be a shock considering how much bigger the battery is in the note but basically the SG3 is about average in battery life comparable to the iPhone but the Note is really only rivaled by the Razr Maxx.
    Having owned both the Galaxy S3 and the Note 2, this is pretty much dead on. The battery life on the Galaxy S3 is good, but the battery life of the Note 2 is much better. I get pretty much the same battery life from the Note 2 that I got with the RAZR MAXX (which makes sense considering the Note 2 has a 3100mAh battery and the RAZR MAXX has a 3300mAh battery).

I'd say that with moderate use (although "moderate" can mean different things to different people) in a solid coverage area, you can get through a day with the Galaxy S3 with no problems. You'll get through a day and half under the same conditions. The Note 2 can make it through an entire day with fairly heavy use, whereas the Galaxy S3 can't.

The great thing about either one is that the battery is removable, something that is becoming more and more rare. You can just keep a charged spare on hand and switch it out if you find yourself running low.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Definitely agree on the removable battery and them becoming scarce. I hate that too especially since we're being stuck with these phones for 2 years. The DNA is a masterpiece but that permanent puny battery won't be worth much after a year. After that I bet you'd be lucky to get thru lunch before needing to recharge but you're stuck with it for the next 12 months. That sucks and I hate this trend along with the move away from SD cards.

People more and more live on their phones and weak non batteries and small storage space won't work.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    what about compared to the Nexus?
    sent from Mars
  9. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MonKENy View Post
    what about compared to the Nexus?
    The Galaxy S3 destroys the Galaxy Nexus in battery life. It's also considerably better than the Nexus 4.

And it's not even fair to compare the Galaxy Nexus or the Nexus 4 to the Note 2 in battery life. They're in completely different leagues, with the Note 2 so far beyond either.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Thats what I was hoping. I get 10hrs max out of my Nexus I want to get what I had with my old X I could get almost 24hrs out of it with moderate use.
    sent from Mars
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    S3

I last all day with my s3 and. I'm a hevay user

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links