DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery will NOT calibrate...don't know what to do :(

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR

Battery will NOT calibrate...don't know what to do :(

I have followed the battery calibration process 5 or 6 times now, and my battery will NOT calibrate.

I get the low battery warning, turn off and plug in my phone...it boots to charge only mode, and the battery meter THERE will show 70-80%.

I've done everything I could find on this site...letting it charge overnight...etc.

Now, I've resorted to simply continuing to use the phone anyway...until it shuts off on its own. Then, I plug it in, and it will show 60% battery charge, so I simply restart the phone...and it will show 40% on the meter for a while..then give the low battery warning again...rinse and repeat.

I am currently experimenting with running the battery down until the charge-only meter says it's 10%, THEN charging it to full (which I've already done 3X btw).

I did a FDR, cache format, updated to .215 kernel, everything. Nothing works. The phone STILL thinks the battery has less juice than it actually does apparently.

I just don't get why that when it boots to charge-only mode, the battery meter is accurate, but the ICS battery meter is giving me so much trouble.

Anyone have any suggestions at this point?

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Just got the warning, turned off, plugged in phone, said 60% remaining...rebooted phone, meter said 60%. I updated two apps, and it is giving me the warning again already...in less than 5 minutes from when it said I had 60% remaining....so confused...
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Follow-up 2: Phone shut off due to "low battery" plugged in the phone, and the "charge only" battery meter said 40%. Powered on the phone still plugged into charger.

Once ICS booted up, it displayed "charging 40%". As soon as I unplugged the charger, it gave a low battery warning and shut down the phone, stating the batter had 0% charge. Plugged in phone, charge only meter showed 40%.

This is really baffling me. If anyone has any advice, I'd be eternally grateful.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Thanks for all the help guys, I appreciate it.

/oh wait. Nevermind.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    What phone is this.?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Droid RAZR.

I let it charge overnight to 100% while turned off. I restart the phone, and within 30 minutes, it says that I have less than 50% battery life remaining. If I turn it off and plug it back in, it will say 100% charged.

Basically, I cannot use my phone for more than 30 minutes unless its plugged into a charger...which kind of defeats the whole purpose of having it.

Ive also followed Kat's battery calibration method at LEAST a dozen times so far...charge to 100%, let it run down until it tells me to plug in the charger, then turning off the phone and letting it sit on the charger for 3 hours.

the problem is...that when I get the "battery charge: 15%, please connect your charger" warning, and when I plug it in, the charge-only battery meter tells me I have 80-90% battery remaining...so I'm not sure.

I suspect the "flag" for low battery on my phone is seriously out of calibration, but so far, nothing has worked to correct it.
    Last edited by crashvector; 09-26-2012 at 09:00 AM. Reason: added pertinant information
  8. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    At this point, and after reading your post. I would call Verizon and go from there. If they try to tell you to do a fdr tell them you did. Sounds like a hardware issue and they'll send you a replacement.
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid RAZR
    Thank you. FINALLY someone responded lol. I will call them and see what they say.
  10. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    Twitter
    __WatchMeTweet
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Alrighty. Im sorry for the lack of help on your question. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
  11. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member
    Sorry that nobody has helped you here..

I don't know why your posts haven't been showing up... I know I haven't seen them, I know FoxKat hasn't seen them either, or one of us would've jumped in here.

I'd have to agree with DevilDog here.. if you've tried all this and you're still having issues... i'd say you probably have a hardware issue. Call vzw and get another razr on the way.
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links