DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Is Motorola working on an update to fix ics battery for RAZR?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Phone
    DROID MAXX
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyP

That was a great movie.
    [Heck] yeah it was..#asianguyoutthetrunk#[stinking]classic:rofl

DROIDRAZR ICS215
    Last edited by FoxKat; 08-03-2012 at 03:03 PM.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thrgk View Post
    Shoot restarted my phone at 89% will that screw up battery training or analysis of why battery sucks?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry, just getting back and reading through what I missed (which was a lot... Matty, Josh and FoxKat).

Not really that big of a biggie because we can still get your phone optimized while we train that meter... but to get a true 100% state of charge meter reading, you do need to charge it with phone off till 100%. For the first round to 100%, you can start it at any point in your cycle. If you wanted to, while the phone is still on and while you are still using it, you could put your phone on the charger til it was 90%, then turn it off and finish charging till it reaches 100%.

Then the second round, from 100% to 10%, you want to use it without putting it on the charger at all. Then turn it off and charge uninterrupted to 100%.

The reason why it was only 89% is because the stock meter only reports 10% increments. Therfore it is possible that even though the battery icon said 100%, it may have really only been 95%.

Now, I am expecting FoxKat to correct where I might be wrong because all of this information originally came from him. I definitely didn't know it on my own.
    jaybogg likes this.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    My battery must have been injected with some plutonium or something. I just hit 40% and am at 1 day 7hrs 23min and 29sec on battery on my maxx. Running ICS OTA with what I feel is typical use: Several 2 to 5 minute calls a day, about 30 to 40 texts, read the news in the morning, play solitaire (often) when I'm bored, and use medscape a lot.

I charge every other day and once a week do a power off charge. Screen brightness is on auto and battery save, 4 G is on all the time and I have great 4g service. GPS on all the time and WiFi only when I need it.

David
    Last edited by YellowJacket; 08-03-2012 at 05:16 PM.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by TisMyDroid View Post
    Sorry, just getting back and reading through what I missed (which was a lot... Matty, Josh and FoxKat).

Not really that big of a biggie because we can still get your phone optimized while we train that meter... but to get a true 100% state of charge meter reading, you do need to charge it with phone off till 100%. For the first round to 100%, you can start it at any point in your cycle. If you wanted to, while the phone is still on and while you are still using it, you could put your phone on the charger til it was 90%, then turn it off and finish charging till it reaches 100%.

Then the second round, from 100% to 10%, you want to use it without putting it on the charger at all. Then turn it off and charge uninterrupted to 100%.

The reason why it was only 89% is because the stock meter only reports 10% increments. Therfore it is possible that even though the battery icon said 100%, it may have really only been 95%.

Now, I am expecting FoxKat to correct where I might be wrong because all of this information originally came from him. I definitely didn't know it on my own.
    Wait for the first half of training I can start at like 50% turn off charge to 100% and it will count? Then for second go down to 10%? Or have to drop to 10% for both. Thanks man!

5. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Only have to go to 10% on second half. First half you can start at any point you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    So far 53mibute screen time down 16% . Apps frozen and 4g wifi bt GPS all off. Auto brightness and 15 sec shut off screen. This good? Can it get better?

7. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Sounds good. You might want to do screen time out for 30 secs to a minute. Otherwise it could drive you crazy that it times out too fast. I have mine set to a minute.

Check your email settings. Unless you need to get emails immediately for some reason, set your email accounts to get email every 4 hours or more. I have the accounts that let me, set to manual. Whenever I want to check email, it just downloads them then.

Only have notifications set for the things you really need to be notified about. Me, it is pretty much text and calls. An easy way to reset your notifications is when one hits your phone and it's not something you really need to be notified about, go into that app and turn the notification off.

Turn off background data sync. Go into settings ---> Accounts & Sync, set it to off. Get a toggle power widget to conveniently turn sync on periodically. I toggle my sync once or twice a day.

Facebook, big battery hog. Turn off location and notifications.

That is all I can think of for now (Lol, like that's not enough)!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Dont use Facebook froze it anyway hehe.

TisMyDroid likes this.
  9. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    950 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    ahhh cool, even better! lol!
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    how long of screen time do you get? Mattyp gets like 10hrs lol, maybe will help after battery training
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Links