DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: battery help

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy nexus
    Damn I might in the future buy the extended battery
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tsmith9191
    I heard apps like juice defender actually cause your phone trouble because the phone has to constantly reconnect. I used to have juice defender on my x2. Maybe its better now, I'll def look into it. And draining it till it dies will help?

Also my battery usage screen now says usage 1h 15m and I'm at around 75%...
    Funny u say this, cause I am just now noticing the same. JD was nice for me at first but lately its draining my battery more
  3. fkr
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound and nexus 7
    the only good battery app I have ever used is carat. it is developed by uc berkely and uses meta data to tell you what apps are know to cause problems and also what is using your own battery. good app.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy nexus
    The credentials sound good. Maybe I should try that app
  5. fkr
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Rezound and nexus 7
    I am a heavy user and I tether allot, use bluetooth and refuse to turn off 4g. I use an extended battery and I will never go back. I have an HTC Rezound but to get 24+ hours of operation no matter what I do just makes my device more enjoyable. I never think twice about playing games or watching a youtube or TED talks vid. I am a purely functional type personality and the extra heft and girth do not bother me.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy nexus
    Well I def need to buy an extended battery for my nexus. It goes down wicked fast. Even faster than my x2 did.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Even though your battery says charged it may not be 100%. When it hits 100% or thereabouts, it actually discharges a bit, before topping off again. It does this to extend the life of the battery itself. So when you unplug you could be closer to 90%. I don't recommend this at all, but if you don't care about the life of your battery, you can unplug it and plug it back in a few minutes before leaving to top it back off to basically guarantee you are closer to 100%. Doing this can potentially hurt the battery, and have an impact on the daily battery life as the battery may not hold a charge as well.

I would think that is a part of your 87% problem, perhaps it was in the lower 90s when you really started using it. Dropping 5% in an hour or so with some usage, especially if you use 4G, have things updating, screen brightness up....among many other things wouldn't be unheard of.

Battery life is such a tricky thing to pinpoint on what the problem is without a lot more information. Different usage patterns, different app combinations, different locations for different reception strengths, different settings within apps and the OS itself, among other things all can have an impact on your battery life, positively or negatively. I would recommend you look into what is draining your battery, and trying to figure out why if you don't already know, and potentially lower it's drain if possible.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm <-- GSAM BM is a great tool to help you find the problem points. Lowering the brightness, disabling radios, lowering the amount of times an app synchronizes (or disabling sync completely), and many other things can be done. Perhaps you have a problematic app, that is just unnecessarily draining the battery (I have heard bad things about the Android Facebook app for example).
    TisMyDroid likes this.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy nexus
    OK. I just carry my charger everywhere I go lol.
  9. Banned
    Member #
    normal problem for the galaxy nexus.i get the useful advice here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links