DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Battery Life Razr Maxx sucks since ICS update.

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid

Battery Life Razr Maxx sucks since ICS update.

My battery life has gone downhill since update didn't use phone much it was fully charged 10 hrs later down to 40%. I shut wifi
    down and my 3g/4g level has decreased even with my network extender. I'm kind of discouraged what is draining. Its saying os is using 38%
    and display is 40% is that normal?
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    Ever since the update my screen has been a large contributor to battery discharge. The da** thing goes in "full" brightness when it in low lighting conditions :/(. I need to find an app that lets me fix this bug.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jopasq View Post
    My battery life has gone downhill since update didn't use phone much it was fully charged 10 hrs later down to 40%. I shut wifi
    down and my 3g/4g level has decreased even with my network extender. I'm kind of discouraged what is draining. Its saying os is using 38%
    and display is 40% is that normal?
    i agree completely when i was on gingerbread i usually had my brightness set to low and therr was an option for either 4g or 3g but with ics theres either global or cdma/lte no option for only 4g which saved my battery also there is no option to disable background data which also saved my battery now its all complicated i love how smooth ics is and the features but there are things im having trouble with
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Interesting since my battery length on a day has increased after my upgrade to ICS for the first day at least.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I received the ICS update yesterday and the install was flawless. Spent some time surfing the new stuff, saw I was at about 50% and plugged my Maxx in. Disconnected about an hour later with a full charge. As of right now, will very little/moderate use, I'm down to 50% again. Previously, with GB, I could go days (max was 5) before needing to charge. Not pleased.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    [QUOTE="antoniotaj"]
    i agree completely when i was on gingerbread i usually had my brightness set to low and therr was an option for either 4g or 3g but with ics theres either global or cdma/lte no option for only 4g which saved my battery also there is no option to disable background data which also saved my battery now its all complicated i love how smooth ics is and the features but there are things im having trouble with] *#*#4636#*#* then click phone info then about 3/4 down the page it show cdma/lte/evdo click on that pick cdma only auto prl.
  7. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesars View Post
    Ever since the update my screen has been a large contributor to battery discharge. The da** thing goes in "full" brightness when it in low lighting conditions :/(. I need to find an app that lets me fix this bug.
    The screen has always been the major contributor to battery drain. However, with ICS, it's showing up as using a higher percentage of the battery in the stats than it did on Gingerbread. This isn't because it's using more battery than it was before, but rather because the system is using less battery (ICS is more efficient than Gingerbread). So, if the percentage in one major thing - like the system/OS - goes down, the percentage in other things - like the battery - must go up. The same amount of battery is being used, it just makes up a larger percentage of use since other things are using less. As far as the autobrightness issue you have, I don't use autobrightness, so I really can't comment there.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniotaj View Post
    i agree completely when i was on gingerbread i usually had my brightness set to low and therr was an option for either 4g or 3g but with ics theres either global or cdma/lte no option for only 4g which saved my battery also there is no option to disable background data which also saved my battery now its all complicated i love how smooth ics is and the features but there are things im having trouble with
    Luckily for you, there are answers to both of your complaints about ICS.

To get 3G only: [How To] Enable 3G only mode

Restrict background data: Settings -> Data usage -> Menu -> Restrict background data (I don't know that it completely turns it off, but at least it should minimize it)

My battery life has remained the same since the ICS update, if not seen a slight improvement.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    droid razr
    *#*#4636#*#* then click phone info then about 3/4 down the page it show cdma/lte/evdo click on that pick cdma only auto prl.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr
    There's also a nice little tool bar widget where you cam adjust your screen brightness from full brightness, to low, to auto very quickly and easy. I love it... I have the regular DROID RAZR white, live in a 3g area only, have not done the 3g only mod, and my battery is great!

Slice like a ninja, cut like a RAZR blade...
    Last edited by Kstyle723; 07-01-2012 at 08:52 AM.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    93 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX
    I understand that the screen shows up as higher because the rest is (supposedly) more efficient, my only problem with the screen is that in low light conditions the auto brightness over compensates and sets it to maxx. I guess I'll have to break down and just set it to low hehe.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Links