DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Galaxy Tab and VPN

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Galaxy Tab and VPN

Hi! I am trying to connect the Tab to a PPtP VPN. No encryption as encryption has a lot of problems in Android. (I de-activated encryption in the checkbox at the Tab)

All my other phones work perfect (Droid and DroidX) with the same conf (no encryption), but the Tab seems to not being able to connect.

In the VPN server, I have the following message:

A connection between the VPN server and the VPN client x.x.x.x has been established, but the VPN connection cannot be completed. The most common cause for this is that a firewall or router between the VPN server and the VPN client is not configured to allow Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) packets (protocol 47). Verify that the firewalls and routers between your VPN server and the Internet allow GRE packets. Make sure the firewalls and routers on the user's network are also configured to allow GRE packets. If the problem persists, have the user contact the Internet service provider (ISP) to determine whether the ISP might be blocking GRE packets.

This happends in the tab, both in Wifi and 3G... so it's not verizon.

Any other devices connect perfect... any ideas where is the problem??

Tomorrow I am calling Samsung, as Verizon doesen't have an idea of what I am talking. Seems to me that there is something missing in the software of the Tab. Seems that the same problem happens with other samsung android Phones... Any ideas guys??

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Tab
    I'm having the same issue. I actually had purchased a Tab a week ago and then returned it after I had dealt with Verizon and Samsung a couple times. I finally got through to Samsung and got a reasonable tech on the phone who was extremely helpful in troubleshooting, however, we could not figure out why it wasnt working. They (oddly enough) didn't have a Tab that they could try it on, but he tried it on a Galaxy S phone that they had in the lab and got the same results.

I have since bought another Tab (because i liked the thing so much ) and am praying that the new 2.3 OS not only comes to the Tab sooner than later, but also fixes the problem?

I would becurious if any other users with the 2.2 OS have had any success with PPTP VPN connections over WiFi or 3G? Currently I get the ever so helpful "Unable to connect to network. Retry?" error when I try to connect. I just have not been able to prove if its Samsung's problem or a problem with Android 2.2 yet...

Anything you find out, please post here and I'll do the same.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Yes, It's a shame. No way to do it and I already tweak everything I could. I will keep posted if I find something.

Happy holydays!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Tab
    I just got my Tab and I am having the same issue. Has anybody figure out how to connect to pptp vpn using the Galaxy Tab?

I can connect to the same vpn with my Sprint Evo phone. Same settings as the Verizon Tab.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Was speaking to tier 2 tech yesterday about this,
    It is a Galaxy specific problem with the manufacturer I was told, they are waiting for an update.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolfey View Post
    Was speaking to tier 2 tech yesterday about this,
    It is a Galaxy specific problem with the manufacturer I was told, they are waiting for an update.
    Good luck, Samsung has already forgotten about us, and is on the path to the galaxy tab 2.

Links