DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ad-hoc tether to tab...SOLVED!

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    awesome...now i'm convince to get it. time to get the sprint version as i like the white one.

btw...for those who bought the full size price. can you just buy the tab as if you're buying any electronics? last time i talked to sprint, they said they still have to activate the 3g for at least one month then i can just cancel. i didn't want to do one month at all especially with this solution.is it the same for vzw version?
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
    awesome...now i'm convince to get it. time to get the sprint version as i like the white one.

btw...for those who bought the full size price. can you just buy the tab as if you're buying any electronics? last time i talked to sprint, they said they still have to activate the 3g for at least one month then i can just cancel. i didn't want to do one month at all especially with this solution.is it the same for vzw version?
    Verizon said the same thing to me, so I went to best buy, they sold it to me without activation and gave me 18 months no interest.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola One Droid
    With Verizon there's no activation fee but they do require you to buy a data plan. They do nor require a contract however. All you have to do is buy the $20 data plan then go home and cancel it...they will give you the $20 back on a pro rata basis so if you call the day you buy it you will get all $20 back. Essentially you will be buying the tab without a data plan.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mach330 View Post

Verizon said the same thing to me, so I went to best buy, they sold it to me without activation and gave me 18 months no interest.
    awesome..i think i'll go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by jmed99 View Post
    With Verizon there's no activation fee but they do require you to buy a data plan. They do nor require a contract however. All you have to do is buy the $20 data plan then go home and cancel it...they will give you the $20 back on a pro rata basis so if you call the day you buy it you will get all $20 back. Essentially you will be buying the tab without a data plan.
    thanks for the info. i'll probably do this for sprint if best buy still doesn't have the sprint version.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Tab
    Thanks to all! My Tab is now connecting through my ancient t-mobile my touch. Failed before I repeated the process with Root Explorer. I probably only thought I had replaced wpa_suplicant first time round.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola droid
    Hi, can I use this method for a motorola xoom? Just bought one. Heard you can root, but it's a complicated process using adb. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if there is a one–click program for it.

Thanks,

Scott.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by mosone View Post
    There is no try....only do,or do not.
    While I appreciate what you have shown us, I have to say that... there is no Yoda, only cartoonists and moviemakers. But I want to learn more about the Tab because I am interested in it.

Thanks for the info.
    Tom
    Droid X, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr (can't remember what else), NOW: iPhone 5S Sorry Droid

http://tjmanson1.wordpress.com
    http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links