DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: mihay_r@yahoo.com

  1. Junior Droid
    micael5's Avatar
    Member #
    361535
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #1

    mihay_r@yahoo.com

    Hi guys,

    Yesterday evening I updated my Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3. After, I was very happy because of the new lock screen. It had great features, like Facebook and Instagram on full page, news on all page, etc. I was very enthusiastic about it.

    But, next day in the morning it dissappeared and now I have the standard lock screen prior to update. ( I don't understand why?? I didn't do anything.

    Does anyone has the same problem? How can I go to the new lock screen?

    Please, please help me! This new feature is so great, I wanted back!

    Kind regards.
  2. Nice Guy
    aaf709's Avatar
    Member #
    6126
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,181
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #2
    Take a look at How To Use Lock Screen Settings On Samsung Galaxy S4 - Samsung Galaxy S4 for some instructions on putting widgets (like Facebook) on the lock screen.

    Welcome to the forums. I must say that your topic title is a bit odd.
  3. Junior Droid
    micael5's Avatar
    Member #
    361535
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    Take a look at How To Use Lock Screen Settings On Samsung Galaxy S4 - Samsung Galaxy S4 for some instructions on putting widgets (like Facebook) on the lock screen.

    Welcome to the forums. I must say that your topic title is a bit odd.
    It's clear for me that you did not understand my question.
    Anyway, I just checked lock screen settings with a friend who updated his S4 to android 4.3 Jelly Bean, and he has the same settings. He send me a print screen with his lock screen after the update and is exactly with what I had. Therefore, something changed with my phone during the night, as the new lock screen feature somehow disappeared from my phone.

    I was advise to factory reset, but I am not sure that it will solve my problem.
  4. Nice Guy
    aaf709's Avatar
    Member #
    6126
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,181
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #4
    Ok. Why not post your friend's screen shots to help you better?
    Last edited by aaf709; 11-16-2013 at 03:43 PM.
  5. Master Droid
    bbtkd's Avatar
    Member #
    5274
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    606
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by micael5 View Post
    It's clear for me that you did not understand my question.
    Anyway, I just checked lock screen settings with a friend who updated his S4 to android 4.3 Jelly Bean, and he has the same settings. He send me a print screen with his lock screen after the update and is exactly with what I had. Therefore, something changed with my phone during the night, as the new lock screen feature somehow disappeared from my phone.

    I was advise to factory reset, but I am not sure that it will solve my problem.
    Have you done a 1 minute battery pull since the update? If not do it. If the lock screen isn't back after that, change settings to slide lock, then back to what you wanted.
  6. Junior Droid
    micael5's Avatar
    Member #
    361535
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #6
    @bbtkd I just done a 10 minutes battery pull, and nothing. Still the same lock screen.

    @ aaf709 I attach 3 photos: the one with autumn landscape shows the new lock screen - from my friend
    the one with sea view is my lock screen (standard)
    and the other one shows my settings - maybe you can check yours and tell me if are ok

    I'm going crazy!

    Kind regards!

    lock screen settings_1.jpg

    new lock screen.jpg

    my lock screen - standard_1.jpg
  7. Master Droid
    bbtkd's Avatar
    Member #
    5274
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    606
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by micael5 View Post
    @bbtkd I just done a 10 minutes battery pull, and nothing. Still the same lock screen.
    OK, after the battery pull did you change the settings to a standard slide lock, and then back to what you want?
  8. Junior Droid
    micael5's Avatar
    Member #
    361535
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bbtkd View Post
    OK, after the battery pull did you change the settings to a standard slide lock, and then back to what you want?
    I didn't changed anything. I only turned on the phone. I have the settings from the photos earlier upload.
  9. Nice Guy
    aaf709's Avatar
    Member #
    6126
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,181
    Liked
    127 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    #9
    Looking at your settings and mine, I get the widgets (and 12 apps) by swiping the time/date on the lock screen. If I swipe to the left I get three pages for widgets and when I swipe the the right I get the apps.
    Last edited by aaf709; 11-17-2013 at 01:13 PM.
  10. Junior Droid
    micael5's Avatar
    Member #
    361535
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by aaf709 View Post
    Looking at your settings and mine, I get the widgets (and 12 apps) by swiping the time/date on the lock screen. If I swipe to the left I get three pages for widgets and when I swipe the the right I get the apps.
    This is what I use to have... But during the night something changed and now I have the standard, the one used prior to update. (
    This is the problem, because in the old lock screen I can't swipe to the left or right....
    Can I re-install 4.3?

    Kind regards.
    Last edited by micael5; 11-18-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Yahoo!!
    By SamuelMSr in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 10:52 PM
  2. Yahoo email. getting it to work without the yahoo app?
    By jocko1 in forum Liberty ROM D2
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 03:58 PM
  3. Any email options beside stock and Yahoo app for Yahoo email?
    By ChadJ55 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-15-2011, 10:53 AM
  4. yahoo
    By slorde12 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 07:26 AM

Search tags for this page

shirely index of/ nov 2013 @yahoo.com

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+