DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I buy a used S4 without a sim, can I use the one in my razr maxx?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX

If I buy a used S4 without a sim, can I use the one in my razr maxx?

I've seen some S4's on eBay that don't come with a sim card. Wondering if the one in my maxx is the same size and compatible with the S4.?.....

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 4s
    Yes you can and it will work but supposed there is one for the S4 that allows for advantages that the one out of your Razr doesn't have. I used the one out of my Razr until my new one arrived 3 days later. You can however, get a new sim from any Verizon store for 1 cent or order online from Verizon for free.. You didn't say who your carrier is. The reason the ones on ebay don't come with sim cards, is because the sim cards store your personal information and should be used for a particular phone number.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    LG G2/GALAXY S4
    I don't think there is any difference in the sim cards. If there is its the first I've ever heard. Stick it in and it will work just fine. Enjoy the new s4!
    LG G2
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    If sim cards are so interchangeable, why does VZW give you a new sim card when you warrantee swap a phone even when it is same model for same model?
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
    If sim cards are so interchangeable, why does VZW give you a new sim card when you warrantee swap a phone even when it is same model for same model?
    Because SIM cards are cheaper than phones and they've got a whole bunch of bad SIM cards floating around out there.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Notate
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainbikermark View Post
    Because SIM cards are cheaper than phones and they've got a whole bunch of bad SIM cards floating around out there.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Notate
    I don't think the price of the sim card has anything to do with it. Even if sim cards cost a only a penny, why would they add a penny to the cost of every phone swap. There must be a reason they swap sims when they swap phones.
    Deep Thought #1
    How does Verizon sell phones at their own stores? Any phone they sell, can be found for 50% to 75% less on Amazon, or at Best Buy. Does Verizon operate their stores on a "there is a sucker born every minute" business model?
    Deep Thought #2
    Is Verizon's customer service philosophy: frustrate, aggravate, and exasperate, these annoying interruptions to our day, will eventually go away?
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    LG G2/GALAXY S4
    I'm using the same that was razr, razr hd, s3, and now my s4 with zero issues. I'm experience.
    LG G2
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    697 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FunN4Lo View Post
    I don't think the price of the sim card has anything to do with it. Even if sim cards cost a only a penny, why would they add a penny to the cost of every phone swap. There must be a reason they swap sims when they swap phones.
    Because there are a bunch of them still out there that are bad. Customer brings in old phone that suddenly won't connect to data or drops almost constantly on data connections. Customer demands another phone. They put old SIM card in from bad batch. Customer comes back soon thereafter demanding another phone. Solution. Switch SIM card to new one. No need to research if it's from the bad batches before inserting in like new factory certified device. It's the lte version of doing *228 to fix everything supposed to do on non lte phones back in the day..
    Verizon employees are no longer rewarded for thinking. They are actually reprimanded for taking the time to think above the level of a trained monkey.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Notate
    Last edited by mountainbikermark; 09-26-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 4s
    For free or 1 cent, why not get the SIM card that carrier says is the one for the phone. Yep, as I said before, my SIM card from my Razr worked fine but the Verizon online techs recommended I get a new one...I might not be correct, but I think he mentioned something about it being compatible with the "extended LTE" networks when they come out. Go google what Verizon is working on as far as networks are concerned.
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    RAZR MAXX
    1 cent? Wow. Had no idea. Sounds like it's all good regardless. Right on. Thanks all for killer responses. Cheers!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links