DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Low/No Signal and battery drain

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I just don't know what to do (indecisive female), not sure if I should just walk into a vzw store and tell them I'm having trouble at home with it constantly switching service strenght and my husband is having less trouble than I? I feel like they'll look at me funny and say too bad. I haven't heard back from the online chat I had on Tuesday. Wondering if I should just chat again and ask to try a new sim card or just give up and live with it?
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by andreah1 View Post
    I just don't know what to do (indecisive female), not sure if I should just walk into a vzw store and tell them I'm having trouble at home with it constantly switching service strenght and my husband is having less trouble than I? I feel like they'll look at me funny and say too bad. I haven't heard back from the online chat I had on Tuesday. Wondering if I should just chat again and ask to try a new sim card or just give up and live with it?
    If you're still within the 14 day in-store warranty and still have the UPC intact on the box, you will be able to go in and swap it for a new one, or even another brand/model. You should not have to convince them of anything, and if you do you have a solid argument. If outside the 14-day return window or if you've taken the UPC off the box to send in rebate, then you will need to get a refurb mailed to you, then you return the old one in the box provided. The store can call that in for you, hopefully they're willing to. My son had to return his for a refurb due to alarms not sounding and the refurb replacement was like new and has been flawless.
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    I thought that your most recent experience was that your phone and your husband's showed very similar dBm readings. That would suggest that a new S4 wouldn't change your reception.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Still in the 14 day window. You are right Bob, yesterday they showed similar dbm readings, today it was acting up again. That's why I'm so indecisive I guess. I'm more inclined to just let it go but I'm the type of person that can't let things go until I'm completely satisfied, it's a really sucky flaw. Just so afraid to get past that 14 day window and have something go wrong and wish I would have done it sooner. I have held off sending in for the rebate because of this. Ticked that it doesn't have as good reception as my crappy bionic. Wishing the person I work with that also has a s4 would let me take hers home overnight just to see, lol.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Still in the 14 day window. You are right Bob, yesterday they showed similar dbm readings, today it was acting up again. That's why I'm so indecisive I guess. I'm more inclined to just let it go but I'm the type of person that can't let things go until I'm completely satisfied, it's a really sucky flaw. Just so afraid to get past that 14 day window and have something go wrong and wish I would have done it sooner. I have held off sending in for the rebate because of this. Ticked that it doesn't have as good reception as my crappy bionic. Wishing the person I work with that also has a s4 would let me take hers home overnight just to see, lol.
    If your husband always gets good reception at home (if he has made enough calls to have a good set of data), I would go get a new phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    andreah1 likes this.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    How close do you live to a VZW store? They will swap out the sim card for you. Then, if the performance is the same, swap out the phone.
    mountainbikermark likes this.
    Together is where I want to be...
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    From work I'm about a mile from a vzw store, should I just stop in and see if they would do that?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    I would. You could also compare signal strengths to another S4 or to a Moto X if they have one.
    andreah1 likes this.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    From work I'm about a mile from a vzw store, should I just stop in and see if they would do that?
    Yes.
    If they cop an attitude just remember you pay their salary.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Notate
    andreah1 likes this.
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm definitely stopping in on Monday, I have my phone practically sitting on top of my usb modem, the modem is getting 4g and the phone has 1x. Grrrr.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Links