DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Low/No Signal and battery drain

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Great suggestions everyone. I'm at work now and the 4g is showing up again. This morning I looked at my husband's phone, each time I looked his was either 3g or 4g, mine was 1x, I sat mine next to his and after a short time 3g finally came up but when I looked again later his was 3g mine was 1x. I don't get it.
    As far as the femtocell, in the short time I took to research it last night, it says it needs to be hooked up to broadband. No can do. We don't have internet service at our house, I use a vzw mobile usb thingy to connect to internet (which lately has been going back and forth from 3g to 4g). So, how would I connect it the femtocell? We also don't have wifi so I can't do anything with that. Our only options are dial up, satellite of the mobile usb. I'm so frustrated. I'm really hoping they find a problem with our area but then again, I'm sure they won't fix it, why bother, we're rural. Is there some other sort of booster I can buy that doesn't have to connect to broadband?
    p.s. I just talked to my husband and asked him if he could get on facebook at home, he said yes....I can't, the stupid "updating" thing just goes round and round til it finally says no internet service. This is what causes me to go back and forth, COULD it be my phone? And if it is my phone, I just bought it a few days ago, will they replace it with a new one? Could just the sim card be bad? I don't want a refurb after spending money for a new one.
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    696 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Premium Member
    You said you'd tried removing the SIM card before. What method did you try beyond just removing it? Did you power the phone down, remove the SIM card, power the phone back up without the SIM card for about a minute, power it back down, insert the SIM card, power back up?
    If they get back to you in a few days saying your signal is fine in your area (They might really say that even though you know otherwise. been there done that)I'd suggest a new SIM card whether or not you pursue a new phone. If it turns out it's the SIM card and they give you your old one in a new phone, you'll be back to square 1 again.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Notate
    The United States is the land of the free because of the brave.
    To all who serve or have served in the U.S. military and to your families, THANK YOU. Your sacrifices are NOT in vain!
    May God continue to bless the USA
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I powered down, removed the battery, then the sim card then did that in reverse order. No, I did not attempt to power up the phone without the sim card, I'll give that a whirl as well (when I'm home to see if it really makes a difference).
    I'm sure they'll come back and say there's no problem in the area. The last time someone looked into it a couple years ago we were told the nearest tower was 4 miles away and not to expect miracles. I don't, but it just seems strange that the bionic could grab a better signal and for the most part my usb broadband does as well. I think my next suggestion will be to see if I can swap out the sim card just to see if that works. I guess I don't dare cut the upc codes off the box yet to send in the rebate, sigh.
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    If you and your husband have the same phone and there is that much of a difference, then you need to consider that you have a bad phone and send it back. You have two options: get another S4 or move back to Motoland. Either way, IMHO, you need to get a new phone.

Just to satisfy the sim card issue, when you and hubby are together, power down both phones and swap sim cards then power back up. I believe that you will have the same performance on both phones.
    jntdroid likes this.
    Together is where I want to be...
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'll try that with the sim cards....I'll try to be patient and wait for vzw to come back with their findings, they said no more than three days. Then if I have to, I switch out the phone, I like it otherwise and really don't want to go back to motorola, especially since the new phones don't let you use a memory card, that's very important for me. I'm hoping if I have to switch it out they'll let me go to the store and just swap for another new one. If they don't they'll have medusa on their case!
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by andreah1 View Post
    I'll try that with the sim cards....I'll try to be patient and wait for vzw to come back with their findings, they said no more than three days. Then if I have to, I switch out the phone, I like it otherwise and really don't want to go back to motorola, especially since the new phones don't let you use a memory card, that's very important for me. I'm hoping if I have to switch it out they'll let me go to the store and just swap for another new one. If they don't they'll have medusa on their case!
    It's sure sounding like a new S4 will at least quite a bit. You could always go back to the store and ask for both a new phone and SIM card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    I'm gonna try switching the sim cards first then see what happens. Can't win, it's been the week from hell.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4, was Dx, was Bionic
    I have seen that switching between 1x, 3g, 4g draws a lot more power. On my bionic I had forced 3g in weak 4g areas which helped substantially improve battery life.

I don't know if s4 has a setting to force 3g, but if there is one, that might help your phone stop hunting for signal type.

There are also those cheap signal boosters that you can stick on your phone, not sure if that's mumbo jumbo or could actually help for your weak signal. Depending on Verizon's customer base, they might even consider expanding service in that area to help you out. It's worth asking.
    andreah1 likes this.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Quote Originally Posted by andreah1 View Post
    I'm gonna try switching the sim cards first then see what happens. Can't win, it's been the week from hell.
    When your husband is sleeping, switch phones - move his stuff to yours and yours to his, then play innocent. He doesn't read this forum, does he?
    andreah1 likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Oh you are SO awesome bbtkd, that sounds like something I would do, lol! He doesn't read it but he'd figure it out at some point! Of course I'm sitting at home right now and magically it's showing 4g. Earlier though it was at 1x and everytime I pressed the phone button and started dialing it went to no service, same thing with texts, everytime I tried to send on it just switched right over to no service.
    I also just tried the turning it on with no sim card for a minute then power off, reinstall sim card and power on. Started out with 4g for about 2 minutes, now down to 3g (which is ok with me if it would just keep that much of a signal). Tried making a phone call, went down to no service (is it supposed to do that, datawise?) but the call went thru.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links