DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Looking for Yay's and nay's...upgrading next month

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

Looking for Yay's and nay's...upgrading next month

Hi all! May post a similar thread in one of the motorola forum's too to get a clear idea. The hubs and I are upgrading phones next month, praise God. I'm kinda torn on what to get. I like the looks of the S4 but it seems quite big (ok for me, but not sure the hubs would agree for himself). We currently both have Droid Bionics which were rated on of the best when we got them but honestly after about a month of having it I've hated it ever since. It's slow, the battery drains quick, even after shutting just about everything off (why have a smart phone if you can't do anything with it?), have to reboot it often which I guess is ok because it gets locked up. If it were just my phone I would think it's something I'm doing but both of ours act the same. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to throw the phone 'til I remember what I paid, lol.
    Anyhow, looking for what you like and dislike about the S4. I'm looking at that and also the new motorola droid's coming out or possibly the razr maxx hd, something in that range (but wondering if I'm just going to see the same performance and have to deal with it for 2 more years).
    THANKS!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    I had the razr it was a good phone but motorola ruins the phone with their build of the updates they slowly turn your phone into junk like mine. I have the S4 I love this device your husband will love it. If your worried about the size I believe they have a mini that you can get or wait a little longer for the htc one is my oppinion for you good luck choosing your phone
    andreah1 likes this.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Thanks Kgreis, I agree, it seemed with each update the phone got (gets) worse and worse. A shame because I had a high opinion of Motorla. My very first cell phone back in the day was a startach (sp?) made by them and it was always my favorite. Miss that phone, lol!
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid RAZR
    Quote Originally Posted by andreah1 View Post
    Thanks Kgreis, I agree, it seemed with each update the phone got (gets) worse and worse. A shame because I had a high opinion of Motorla. My very first cell phone back in the day was a startach (sp?) made by them and it was always my favorite. Miss that phone, lol!
    Yeah theyve pretty much gone to the dumps
    andreah1 likes this.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by KGreis View Post
    Yeah theyve pretty much gone to the dumps
    I agree... I will never go back to Motorola. I upgraded to my S4 from having the Droid Bionic. Loved the phone but hated the company. I am a believer in Samsung and their products now. You will be very happy with this device!

J
    andreah1 likes this.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droiiiiiid
    I say give the S4 a try, you have 14 days, if you're not satisfied, you're only out what $35 now?
    tayhan and andreah1 like this.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4, iPhone 4s
    Next month and Sep/Oct you will have a few choices. The Motorola X, The new Droids, gasp the iphone whatever it will be called, and of course the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 possibly. I had the Motorola Razr and loved it about as much as you did your Bionic, so no more Motorola for me for a while. I like the Samsung Galaxy S4 a lot better, but you really should expect to hear that on this forum. You are doing right, by hanging out on different forums and surely you will hear both sides. Make sure you go in the store and play with whatever you are going to buy to make sure you like the feel of it.
    andreah1 likes this.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Def. not interested in the iphone, I've looked at them 100 times and many friends have them but I just don't see what the draw is...it's so small. I don't know, guess I'm just not a fruit lover! I'm hoping by the end of August beginning of Sept. there will be alot of back to school specials too, that of course will have some say on what we do!
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Like many here, I came to the S4 from Motorola. Had the OG Droid, Droid X, and Bionic. IMHO the S4 is light years ahead of the Bionic. Snappy, runs flawlessly, beautiful screen, phone calls are clear, and the size is just right. Yes, it's larger than the Bionic, but after a day you'll be used to it. Verizon screwed us (should we expect any less from big red) by not having all the toggles included when the S4 was released, and hopefully, the Blocking toggle will be added in a later update. Sure, there may be something greater on the horizon, but there always will be. And this will bring down the cost of the S4. Good luck with your decision, you can't go wrong here.
    andreah1 likes this.
  11. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1040 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I really haven't found anything I dislike about the s4 to be honest. I guess if I had to choose it'd be nitpicking, and the slipper back of the original battery cover would be the top dislike. Luckily I was on my bed the few times but I've fumbled the s4 twice cause of the slippery back. Since then I've gotten two different battery covers and the problem has disappeared. Can't really think of any other dislikes.

In terms of likes, what's not to like about it?
    -Fantastic screen
    -Amazing battery life
    -GPS locks instantly
    -I've thrown everything at this phone and it won't even stutter/lag
    -Great phone radios
    -Best stock experience I've ever used and it is the reason why I have kept it stock after 3wks, well stock rooted

The phone is an absolute beast and will keep me happy for the next 2yrs. Any phones in the future have to be really good for me to use my upgrade. I held onto my Nexus for 18mo because I really liked that phone and didn't feel that the phones available before the s4 were worthy upgrades (I used the s3 for a week but ended up returning it). I can easily see myself hanging onto this s4 for even longer. And the difference between the Nexus is day and night.
    Last edited by dezymond; 07-25-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    andreah1 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links