DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Waiting Room

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zregnier View Post
    I talked to Verizon and you can't preorder until your upgrade date. I'll be ordering mine this Saturday & I already got my case from Amazon. Can't wait to ditch this glitchy Bionic!
    I'm right there with you. Almost threw the Bionic out the window on the train this morning. it's been absolutely worthless since the last update.
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa13 View Post
    How do you know if you're up for an early upgrade? It's only 6 days away and I can pre order then, would think I'd be ok.
    What I was referring to was a small misconception that Verizon had done away with early upgrades for all existing contracts, meaning you'd actually have to wait a full two years to upgrade. That actually only effects contracts ending in January 2014 and beyond. So, the early upgrade I was referring to was simply that, while my two years doesn't expire until September 7th, I was able to upgrade at the 20 month mark, which is the normal policy they just recently did away with. There was some confusion about whether or not they'd allow a pre-order during that 4 month window, but they definitely do.

Whatever date your online account says you're eligible to upgrade on is correct, whether it's the actual expiration of your contract, or your 20 month "early upgrade" period.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy S 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BLeClair12 View Post

What I was referring to was a small misconception that Verizon had done away with early upgrades for all existing contracts, meaning you'd actually have to wait a full two years to upgrade. That actually only effects contracts ending in January 2014 and beyond. So, the early upgrade I was referring to was simply that, while my two years doesn't expire until September 7th, I was able to upgrade at the 20 month mark, which is the normal policy they just recently did away with. There was some confusion about whether or not they'd allow a pre-order during that 4 month window, but they definitely do.

Whatever date your online account says you're eligible to upgrade on is correct, whether it's the actual expiration of your contract, or your 20 month "early upgrade" period.
    Oooh gotcha. Come to think of it, got my phone in September too so May 15th is my early upgrade lol. Thanks for the info. Still on the fence to pre order anyway. Debating if they'll be a better deal when it releases, decisions, decisions haha. I guess there's the possibility of it selling out too, definitely don't want that, waited long enough!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy S 4
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoakill View Post

I'm right there with you. Almost threw the Bionic out the window on the train this morning. it's been absolutely worthless since the last update.
    Right there with ya! So ready to be done with this phone. Already got a case too, but from spigen, it's so lonely lol
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa13 View Post
    Oooh gotcha. Come to think of it, got my phone in September too so May 15th is my early upgrade lol. Thanks for the info. Still on the fence to pre order anyway. Debating if they'll be a better deal when it releases, decisions, decisions haha. I guess there's the possibility of it selling out too, definitely don't want that, waited long enough!
    I'm coming from a Bionic as well, haha. I love Motorola, but it was time for a break. Wanted to give someone else a try.

If buying directly from Verizon doesn't matter much to you, Wirefly has pre-orders available for $179.99 with contract renewal. Your early upgrade will work over there just fine as soon as you become eligible. I almost pulled the trigger, but in the end, I just went with a tried-and-true Verizon pre-order. Not that I don't trust Wirefly, but, as pointed out to me by another member, any device issues and whatnot will be handled through them and not Big Red. I'd rather just keep everything in house, even if it costs me an extra $20 ($70 until the rebate comes through).
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy S 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BLeClair12 View Post

I'm coming from a Bionic as well, haha. I love Motorola, but it was time for a break. Wanted to give someone else a try.

If buying directly from Verizon doesn't matter much to you, Wirefly has pre-orders available for $179.99 with contract renewal. Your early upgrade will work over there just fine as soon as you become eligible. I almost pulled the trigger, but in the end, I just went with a tried-and-true Verizon pre-order. Not that I don't trust Wirefly, but, as pointed out to me by another member, any device issues and whatnot will be handled through them and not Big Red. I'd rather just keep everything in house, even if it costs me an extra $20 ($70 until the rebate comes through).
    I got my bionic from radio shack and Verizon fixed it when i had problems, maybe i got lucky? Didn't know that was the policy
  7. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    370 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 & Droid DNA
    Premium Member
    Ill just leave this here...

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Waiting Room-uploadfromtaptalk1368122927961.jpg  
    wicked and cockerkingdom like this.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    370 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 & Droid DNA
    Premium Member
    And this... My SGS4 by my Droid DNA.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4.
    wicked likes this.
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    997 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    ^ Nice!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    You already received yours from your preorder?
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Links