DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Who's paying full retail for the Galaxy S4?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    I will have an upgrade available, although I will still be paying full retail. Can't use upgrades anymore lest I lose unlimited data and also lose the the $100 total discount I am getting on all five lines.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Still in contract and going to pay full retail? I'm due for an upgrade so luckily I'm not faced with this decision

So who's paying full retail for this feature rich Galaxy?
    I am eligible for upgrade also but not at the cost of losing my unlimited data. So all phones I get will be purchased outright. Hell, Just in one day I have used almost a GB of data (which is unusual) . Youtube is killing me with this "Harlem Shake". Funny stuff
    wicked likes this.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    I still have unlimited data with my verizon plan so I think I will also purchase the phone. Can you still get insurance on a phone that you pay full retail for or does that only apply for new contract phones with your carrier?
  4. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    997 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 View Post
    I still have unlimited data with my verizon plan so I think I will also purchase the phone. Can you still get insurance on a phone that you pay full retail for or does that only apply for new contract phones with your carrier?
    Yes, you can still get insurance on it. When I got my Nexus on launch day at Verizon, they just transferred over my insurance from my previous phone.

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Good to know. I guess for those who have unlimited data getting this phone will still mean you are not able to use wireless hotspot feature?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreet123456 View Post
    Good to know. I guess for those who have unlimited data getting this phone will still mean you are not able to use wireless hotspot feature?
    Um...sure, if you say so. But I have unlimited data, I use about 1.5 Gigs a month and Verizon wants me to go tiered. I'm starting to ask the question, do I need unlimited data? The whole idea of having unlimited is never having to worry about going over, but I would most likely never go over, so I dunno.
    Phone History: Moto Startac > LG VX6000 > Moto e815 > LG Voyager > Moto D R O I D > G A L A X Y N E X U S > Moto X
    Rockin': Moto X w/ Root!
    Clockin': Nada

Free Wifi Tether w/o Root
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by akhenax View Post

Um...sure, if you say so. But I have unlimited data, I use about 1.5 Gigs a month and Verizon wants me to go tiered. I'm starting to ask the question, do I need unlimited data? The whole idea of having unlimited is never having to worry about going over, but I would most likely never go over, so I dunno.
    I have unlimited data and use about 1.2 GB a month. I am going to get the SG 4 and go onto the 2 GB plan. I have read countless of posts of people that are going to outright buy a phone to keep unlimited data. They must use a lot and it may make sense for them. However if you never go over it why pay for it. 2 GB is plenty for me. Spending an additional 500 bucks doesn't make sense for me. But everyone has different requiments.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    So, I am due for an upgrade in May and word like to upgrade to the s4 if I use my upgrade would that mean that I would have to switch to a tiered plan? Last time I upgraded to the razr maxx I did not have to lose my unlimited data, did VZW change something? I do not want to pay full retail for a phone when I have an upgrade available.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    So, I am due for an upgrade in May and word like to upgrade to the s4 if I use my upgrade would that mean that I would have to switch to a tiered plan? Last time I upgraded to the razr maxx I did not have to lose my unlimited data, did VZW change something? I do not want to pay full retail for a phone when I have an upgrade available.
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3 R-U/Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by newtodroidx View Post
    You will lose your unlimited data if you decide to upgrade at a subsidized price, they stopped the subsidized and keep your unlimited data last June, if you decide to go the subsidized route your unlimited is no more, they will sign you up to a new tiered plan. Unless you can find the phone at a cheap price somewhere and just add it to your existing plan.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links