DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remove Safestrap

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    First of all...do you get the boot option when booting your phone to boot into the Safestrap recovery? If not, it is not properly installed on your phone and is not the cause of the update not installing. Just having the Safestrap app on your phone does not mean Safestrap is active with an active recovery installed.

However...if it is actively installed then you need to follow the above steps to properly remove it before unrooting.

Your error saying you do not have SuperUser on the phone can be corrected if the phone is properly rooted by downloading SuperUser from the play store. SU is required in order for terminal to let you into SU commands.

Once the above commands are run from terminal (successfully) You can go into Safestrap and verify that recovery is nolonger installed...or chose the option to remove recovery if it is still installed. Then go into settings...apps and uninstall safestrap application.

I tried to install the update and got a FAIL this morning. Followed the above steps and then the update installed just fine. Now in process of re-rooting. Probably won't install safestrap again though. Just want root access for root explorer and debloating. Don't really care for the custom roms out today.

Nate
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GS4
    Thanks Nate,

I still can't figure it out. I couldnt find the Stock Verizon software to install. I tried to install SU, I got a messege saying there is no SU binary installed. I guess I'm not rooted? Still tring to figure it out!

Thanks
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    After some more reading found the reason I was receiving the error message when attempting to install the OTA was that I removed some of the original apps after I rooted under ME7. So found out that you can flash the new MI1 build by following instructions found at XDA, [GUIDE] No-Wipe Factory Images (Restore from any soft-brick without wiping data) - xda-developers. I successfully followed these instructions this morning now just have to perform the new Root De La Vega instructions to get root back.

Not really noticing any differences in performance, a few new apps, but was more curious if the new update would turn on AWS support. Doesn't appear to make any difference in my region.

Good luck!
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    GS4
    Quote Originally Posted by masterim View Post
    After some more reading found the reason I was receiving the error message when attempting to install the OTA was that I removed some of the original apps after I rooted under ME7. So found out that you can flash the new MI1 build by following instructions found at XDA, [GUIDE] No-Wipe Factory Images (Restore from any soft-brick without wiping data) - xda-developers. I successfully followed these instructions this morning now just have to perform the new Root De La Vega instructions to get root back.

Not really noticing any differences in performance, a few new apps, but was more curious if the new update would turn on AWS support. Doesn't appear to make any difference in my region.

Good luck!

thank you! This worked perfectly!! I restored to the ME7 release. I then updated to the new Verizon update.

I dont know much about this stuff but everything worked great

thanks again!
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    How can I remove it if I have already unrooted my device like an idiot...

Having safestrap seems to be blocking me from installing the latest OTA and also blocking me from rooting my device again. I read something like write protection was enabled? How can i disable it? Again, my phone is not currently rooted, but safestrap is still on it.

odin_fail.jpg
    Last edited by dekdo; 11-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    chadwick108
    Phone
    SCH-S545 Galaxy S4 Xoom 4G
    Demo are you currently on Mi1?
    need to make sure current baseband matches Odin file you are trying to flash...otherwise it will fail every time. Easiest way to uninstall safe strap is to open apk that installed with and uninstall recovery. I would also try another odin file just in case something is wrong with current one you are trying to flash
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links