DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Galaxy S4 charging dock

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorolla Droid

Galaxy S4 charging dock

I just ordered Samsung Galaxy S4 (and I am upgrading from the original Motorola Droid). While I haven't received the phone yet (will get it on Tuesday), I am shopping around for accessories and have some silly questions for this forum. I'll focus this thread on charging docks.

1) When you plug the original Droid into its dock, it would go into a "dock mode" which would turn it into a clock/alarm (and maybe other things that I never used it for). Is there such a mode on S4? Does it turn on automatically when you plug the phone into the dock?

2) Is there anyone here who uses the Otterbox Commuter case with an under-$40 charging dock and without taking off the case? Which charging dock and how well does it work? That's the case that I like best for my new phone, however, I also like setting my phone to charge on the nightstand when I go to bed.

Rockform RockDock seems very nice, but retails at $100, so I don't think it's worth it.

Maybe I should wait for this Belkin product?
    Last edited by Bullmoose; 05-27-2013 at 02:14 AM. Reason: typo

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samung S4 w/Verizon
    Yes, if you buy the multimedia desk cradle, it has a "dock" mode. It's kinda slick and simple. It has a Desk calendar, weather, and 4 app shortcuts at the bottom. But if you have the daydream option on, it won't go into dock mode. I wish I had a picture to post, I'll try tomorrow when I'm at work using it. As for the car - if you have a dash mount you can use "S Voice" And say car mode. This will turn on special features to read txt msgs to you, and alert you of incoming calls so you don't have to read the screen. It also enlarges the fonts for certain screens. Allows you use voice commands to play music, read your schedule/calendar, take notes, and weather. Pretty much everything you wanna do, just by voice. You can go into the settings of "S Voice" To turn on/off driving mode. Hope this helps a little bit!
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    JimTiltonCSI
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    None of the docks will work with a Commuter nor will the wireless charging kit Samsung is selling.

Links