DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Note 3 Battery Life

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3

Note 3 Battery Life

So to mix things up a bit I wanted to make a thread talking about how AWESOME the battery life of this thing is. I still can't believe it. There was a period about 2-3 weeks in that it seemed to have intense battery drain, which I'm almost positive was caused by conflicting app updates. So I just downloaded juice defender, hid the notifications with the stock app manager, and within a week the battery life was just as good as the day I got it.

On a normal day with my S3, by the time I went to bed I usually had 10% left. If I didn't plug it in, it'd be dead by the next day for sure and a total hassle to deal with. With my Note 3, I'm usually at 55-70% by the time I go to bed, and if I forget to charge it in, it loses maybe 5% and will charge to full in about an hour. GSAM lists my average battery life at 23-24 hours, and I usually have 1-2 hours screen time, 10min-1 hour of talk time, and LOTS of music, news apps and kindle. 60% after 17 hours. Amazing.

It's crazy!! Finally batteries are making REAL progress in the smartphone world. They kept focusing on processors and screen pixelation but hardly touched battery life. Sure the Razr Maxx had it, but it was also sealed shut.

Anyways, just excited about how much easier life is now and like reading threads about how great the Note 3 is. Feel free to join in!
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    absolutely! I consistently am 2-3 DAYS on a single charge. typically a couple hours of screen time, calls, texts, little internet, etc...

I would consider myself a little below average user, but this phone/battery is a beast so far!

I'm sitting at 48% right now with 2 days and 16 hours on the same charge. love this phone
    HTC Rezound-resting on the shelf
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3!!!!!!
  3. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    Phone
    Super Hot Galaxy Note 3
    Premium Member
    I am a very heavy phone user *blush*.....when I go to bed at night my note 3 has in the neighborhood of 20% left. I have been very very impressed with this phone and its battery. :-)

Sent from my hot Note 3 ;-)
    UltraDroid likes this.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    Getting ready to move from a Droid Razr (battery finally very weak after 2 years 3 months ownership). Need to charge by noon to make it to the end of the day and it is on a charger all night.
    Would you recommend the Note 3? The other being considered is the Droid Max (due to the better radio in the Motorola phones...

Any thoughts.
    Klaatu barada nikto
  5. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    For me, the only choice is the Note 3. I have an S3 so going to an S4 isn't too much of a leap to justify the cost. I don't like the direction that Motorola is taking with sealed batteries and no expandable memory. I have never been a fan of LG so the Note 3 is the last phone standing.
    Together is where I want to be...
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have to jump in and play a little devil's advocate. I am a traveling sales guy so batt life is exceedingly important for me... even more so than people who claim to be "heavy" users. I kind of scoff at their usage since a typical weekday for me includes:

3-4 hrs of talktime
    2-3 hours of screen time
    a bunch of email, web browsing and play music
    sometimes some google nav thrown in for roadtrips

I'll plug in in the car but I can go about 12 hours before killing the battery on a normal workday. I am still very happy with this phone because of the ability to swap batteries, though. Which makes the transition to an evening out with friends much easier... It isn't the holy grail of batteries for my usage habits... but its up there for most people. I would have gotten the droid maxx (I came from a razr maxx HD previously) but the camera didn't impress me enough.
    UltraDroid likes this.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I think the Note 3 is a great phone. My only concern is the radio strength. Had a friend that returned a S3 phone. Signal strength too low. Switched to a Razr Maxx and it was much better... Just wondering if the Note 3 has the radio improvements that were necessary. He said his wife has an S4 and it works OK in an area that his S3 did not work.
    How is your signal strength and download speed?
    Thanks
    Klaatu barada nikto
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Note 3
    I just picked up my Note 3 on Friday and charged it Friday afternoon. Here we are on Monday afternoon and the battery is at 24%. Coming from the original Motorola RAZR that I had to car-charge on my way home from work every day, this battery is amazing!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    why does my note 3 only work for one day?

Sent from my Smart e4
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    Quote Originally Posted by alexcool View Post
    why does my note 3 only work for one day?

Sent from my Smart e4
    Alex, I would HIGHLY recommend downloading Juice Defender for your Note 3. It'll take a few days to REALLY kick in, but it helps incredibly. Before when I went to bed I'd be at 20-30%, now I'm usually closer to 50-60%. Just the other night I had around 18 hours unplugged, over 2 1/2 hours screen time, 30 minutes talk time, and lots of music and internet inbetween, think I went to bed with like 32%. My s3 would need AT LEAST 2 charges to do what I did that same day!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links