DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: The Official "I got my new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3" thread!

  1. Junior Droid
    Joyce_12's Avatar
    Member #
    360268
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    5
    Phone
    htc hd2
    #61
    Congratz to you all, i got an old Android phone well actually a windooz phone running Android but still hehe
    When I update my phone plan I am getting this one for sure..
  2. Droid Ninja
    k1ngr4t's Avatar
    Member #
    200555
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,327
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by hradek422 View Post
    This shouldn't work. To add a new line, even to an unlimited data plan, they have to set you up on a new LIMITED data package. I've asked about this extensively, and even asked about that EXACT situation before I got my Note 3, which is why I went ahead and took the plunge and went with the Edge Max plan for 6GB data. And if they DID do it for you, they're not supposed to be able to, and this post could put Mr. Oscar at risk for doing something he wasn't supposed to do.

    Just food for thought.
    Sadly this is my experience as well.

    HOWEVER, I have heard of it happening at Best Buy since it was denied to me, so did you do this at a VZW retailer or was it an official corporate store? If not, well don't be upset with him like hradek :P I doubt he'll get in much trouble, but as far as I know technically he is not able to do that. But who knows anymore, VZW reps are probably the least consistent profession I came across.

    I bought an older phone at an older location and it was in a box marked "factory new," which doesn't necessarily mean BRAND new. I told this to the guy when I got my N3 and he said he's never heard of that. I said well it was at the previous location of this store, and he says in his x amount of years he's never heard that.

    Well I'd been going to the prior location for 10+ years and I don't remember him AT ALL!!! So who knows what to believe anymore...
  3. Junior Droid
    nellj's Avatar
    Member #
    18385
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Van Nuys, CA
    Posts
    15
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    #63
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    Sadly this is my experience as well.

    HOWEVER, I have heard of it happening at Best Buy since it was denied to me, so did you do this at a VZW retailer or was it an official corporate store? If not, well don't be upset with him like hradek :P I doubt he'll get in much trouble, but as far as I know technically he is not able to do that. But who knows anymore, VZW reps are probably the least consistent profession I came across.

    I bought an older phone at an older location and it was in a box marked "factory new," which doesn't necessarily mean BRAND new. I told this to the guy when I got my N3 and he said he's never heard of that. I said well it was at the previous location of this store, and he says in his x amount of years he's never heard that.

    Well I'd been going to the prior location for 10+ years and I don't remember him AT ALL!!! So who knows what to believe anymore...
    To err on the side of caution , I removed the Reps name from my original post. Guys, remember Reps are sales people and in sales you do what it takes to make that sale. I'm sure certain reps know how to exploit loopholes in their own companies infrastructure. Kudos to them. Since this rep was able to do this for me, Verizon has retained a 7 year customer for a couple more years and that matters to their bottom line.

    The previous rep I spoke to in that story works at the same branch I was able to get this done at. I'm sure some reps just know more than others and will keep it at that.
  4. Senior Droid
    hradek422's Avatar
    Member #
    135448
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    160
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note III
    #64
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    Sadly this is my experience as well.

    HOWEVER, I have heard of it happening at Best Buy since it was denied to me, so did you do this at a VZW retailer or was it an official corporate store? If not, well don't be upset with him like hradek :P I doubt he'll get in much trouble, but as far as I know technically he is not able to do that. But who knows anymore, VZW reps are probably the least consistent profession I came across.

    I bought an older phone at an older location and it was in a box marked "factory new," which doesn't necessarily mean BRAND new. I told this to the guy when I got my N3 and he said he's never heard of that. I said well it was at the previous location of this store, and he says in his x amount of years he's never heard that.

    Well I'd been going to the prior location for 10+ years and I don't remember him AT ALL!!! So who knows what to believe anymore...
    Lol, if I was upset with ANYONE, it was my Verizon store in SGF, MO for NOT letting me do this, lol. I just said it SHOULDN'T have let them do it.... because it didn't let my Verizon store do it
  5. Droid
    1tfrot's Avatar
    Member #
    251203
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    chi-town
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #65
    got my N3 about a week ago and absolutely love it!!! my resound was a great phone, but damn this thing is awesome. super fast, easy to navigate around, great screen, love the ease of turning things off, creating new folders and dragging/dropping, etc.......

    battery is great too. I typically get about 2 days worth on a single charge and that's with atleast a couple hours of screen time. I don't consider myself a heavy user. more like light user most of the time

    only thing I could complain about (it's a phone for crying out loud ) is that while it takes decent pics, my previous rezound took much better pics. haven't tried any vids yet
    HTC Rezound-resting on the shelf
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3!!!!!!
  6. Droid Ninja
    k1ngr4t's Avatar
    Member #
    200555
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,327
    Liked
    77 times
    Phone
    Eris/Inc2/X2/Bionic/Rez/GS3/N3
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tfrot View Post
    got my N3 about a week ago and absolutely love it!!! my resound was a great phone, but damn this thing is awesome. super fast, easy to navigate around, great screen, love the ease of turning things off, creating new folders and dragging/dropping, etc.......

    battery is great too. I typically get about 2 days worth on a single charge and that's with atleast a couple hours of screen time. I don't consider myself a heavy user. more like light user most of the time

    only thing I could complain about (it's a phone for crying out loud ) is that while it takes decent pics, my previous rezound took much better pics. haven't tried any vids yet
    One of us. One of us. Gooble-gobble-gooble-gobble.


    +300 to anyone who gets that reference without having to look it up.


    Though I will say as someone who came from and loved a Rezound...its camera has NOTHING on the N3. Maybe check your settings? I'll say pictures aren't AMAZINGLY better (still brighter though), but the video is the best I've ever seen on any phone, hands down. I think I've converted 1 iPhone users and another GS2 user to upgrade to the N3 solely based on the camera...
  7. Droid
    1tfrot's Avatar
    Member #
    251203
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    chi-town
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #67
    Quote Originally Posted by k1ngr4t View Post
    One of us. One of us. Gooble-gobble-gooble-gobble.


    +300 to anyone who gets that reference without having to look it up.


    Though I will say as someone who came from and loved a Rezound...its camera has NOTHING on the N3. Maybe check your settings? I'll say pictures aren't AMAZINGLY better (still brighter though), but the video is the best I've ever seen on any phone, hands down. I think I've converted 1 iPhone users and another GS2 user to upgrade to the N3 solely based on the camera...

    I've checked settings and unless I'm missing something, it's just not as good. the screen makes up for it, but the rezound (atleast mine) takes better pics. the HD vid is awesome on the rezound as well. again, stupid complaint, but got spoiled with how well it took pics. it might be a slight difference and maybe I just need to get use to the phone as well.

    don't get me wrong, I wouldn't get rid of the N3 for anything else on the market as of now. I love it.

    congrats on getting those <cough> apple owners to possibly switch over

    didn't mean to attach that and can't seem to delete it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Official &quot;I got my new Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3&quot; thread!-20131102_085108_zps35072847.jpg  
    Last edited by 1tfrot; 11-04-2013 at 01:58 PM.
    HTC Rezound-resting on the shelf
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3!!!!!!
  8. Master Droid
    ripper2860's Avatar
    Member #
    221427
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    461
    Liked
    38 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    #68
    Got my N3 about 4 days ago. Went from a Razr Maxx HD, which in itself is a pretty darn good phone with outstanding battery. All in all it was and still is a pretty good phone...

    But the N3 is in a league by itself. The screen is amazing and after years of sub-par Moto cameras (DroidX, Razr Maxx, Razr HD Maxx, Atrix, Atrix HD ...) it's truly nice to have an outstanding camera. The feature set and stock ROM has everything I could ever want and Rooting seems almost un-needed. Not saying I won't root -- but I'm content with things as they are for now.

    Anyhow -- Super Fast. Super Smooth. Great Screen. Awesome camera. Great Apps. Awesome Battery life. Light for its size. Elegant Looking. Excellent Music / Audio performance. Oh, yeah -- and excellent at making and receiving phone calls and e-mails and such. The total package! Seems Samsung has elevated Smart Phones to an art form. So much so that the wife is now ditching her relatively new Atrix HD for an S3/4!!

    Only drawback -- you'll spend hours upon hours learning everything this bad boy can do. Now, I'm off to learn all about the S-Pen apps and how to use them!!
    Last edited by ripper2860; 11-05-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Themer Launcher
    Stock ROM (JB 4.3) -- awaiting KitKat





  9. Droid
    1tfrot's Avatar
    Member #
    251203
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    chi-town
    Posts
    68
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper2860 View Post
    Now, I'm off to learn all about the S-Pen apps and how to best use them!!
    that one is kicking my ass right now!
    Last edited by 1tfrot; 11-04-2013 at 09:14 PM.
    HTC Rezound-resting on the shelf
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3!!!!!!
  10. Super Moderator
    bkdodger's Avatar
    Member #
    241029
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,700
    Liked
    788 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note3(N2/Nexus)
    Premium Member
    #70
    Congrats on the new phones. . Welcome to N3 land. .

    Check out lucidmike78 YouTube on tips. .

    We also have a dedicated sister forum note2forum.com

    Tips thread

    http://www.note2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3883
    [VIDEO] Tips and Tricks on the Note 3

    N3 tapa
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
    Forum Rules Here!!


Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The official "I've pre-ordered the Galaxy S4" thread!
    By danDroid in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 01:14 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2013, 08:11 AM
  3. The official "I've got my Galaxy S3" thread!
    By danDroid in forum Galaxy S3 General Discussion
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 07-27-2012, 08:58 PM

Search tags for this page

do i need a screen protector for my note 3
,
foxfi not working on sm-n900v
,
i am happy that you got samsangnote 3 cell
,
new note 3 dropping calls
,

note 3 verizon reception

,
samsung galaxy note 3 dropped calls
,
samsung galaxy note 3 reception issues verizon
,
samsung galaxy note 3 verizon promotion
,
smartview samsung galaxy s4
,
verizon discount code galaxy note 3
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+