DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Note 3? or Wait for Note 4?

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    I was going to pay full retail for the note 3. But I got lucky, verizon messed are bill up and shut off two of or lines. It took them almost 4 days to figure it out. When they did figure it out they just added two the two lines back on gave me a 100 dollar discount and a free upgrade on the one line that does not have unlimited data. They tried to get me to use right away but I told them that I am waiting on the note 3.
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Love my Note 2 and my unlimited Verizon plan. I can't imagine having a Note without unlimited plan. So I'll probably pass on the Note 3 until the value drops. :-) It'll be tempting because obviously the features will have you drooling for the latest and greatest. :-)
    mysticalmalissa likes this.
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Droid Charge
    I have unlimited data and a Droid Charge (still...) So I pretty much echo the earlier sentiments about upgrading phone unnecessarily (I love phones/tech/etc, but I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars for a "hot device" that will be old in three months. And since I have unlimited data, well...you know I won't be giving that up...lol.

However, it is time to retire my Charge. Battery life sucks and I don't want to buy an extended battery and a extended battery cover (truth be told, I don't even use it anymore since I have a work phone (Droid Razr Maxx...not even HD ...but I don't have unlimited on it...[2GB] so I use my personal phone for listening to music, Netflix, etc.)

Anyhow, I am debating whether to jump on the Note 2 OR get the Note 3? I qualify for that monthly device payment plan, so I don't have to dump hundreds of dollars in one shot (and I'm good with the $24 extra...that is MORE than fair.) I looked at the S4, but I would want the Note because of the Tablet features and I have big hands.

What do you guys think?
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Phone
    maxx and nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SrNiceGuy View Post
    I have unlimited data and a Droid Charge (still...) So I pretty much echo the earlier sentiments about upgrading phone unnecessarily (I love phones/tech/etc, but I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars for a "hot device" that will be old in three months. And since I have unlimited data, well...you know I won't be giving that up...lol.

However, it is time to retire my Charge. Battery life sucks and I don't want to buy an extended battery and a extended battery cover (truth be told, I don't even use it anymore since I have a work phone (Droid Razr Maxx...not even HD ...but I don't have unlimited on it...[2GB] so I use my personal phone for listening to music, Netflix, etc.)

Anyhow, I am debating whether to jump on the Note 2 OR get the Note 3? I qualify for that monthly device payment plan, so I don't have to dump hundreds of dollars in one shot (and I'm good with the $24 extra...that is MORE than fair.) I looked at the S4, but I would want the Note because of the Tablet features and I have big hands.

What do you guys think?
    If I was you I would wait to see what the note 3 is like. You have waited this long a couple more months should not be to bad of a wait. Plus I was a Droid charge owner and I loved that phone. I don't know why but it is one of my favorite phones.
  5. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SrNiceGuy View Post

What do you guys think?
    Well I love my s4 and the Note 2 is a great device as well. How long are you willing to wait really?

I haven't heard any rumors of the note3 comin out, but there have been leaks here and there with no potential release date. Many say Fall, so I'm guessing Nov (alot of premier phones launch around that month), if not a bit sooner is my guess.

With all the little bits of information leaking I'm sure we'll see a release date soon though. Probably around 2mo, so I would personally wait it out if I were in your shoes. You got your work phone to help ease the wait as well.
  6. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    370 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 & Droid DNA
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post

However if it's the same difference between say the s3 and s4, then there wont be much of a rush to get a note 3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    That comment puzzles me... There are ton's of differences in the S4 and S3. The only thing they really have in common is Touchwiz and the outward appearance. The process/chipset are out of this world, the HD display, 13 MP camera, etc., are all massive changes from the S3. The cosmetics are the only thing thats the same.
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1042 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalvik_Cache View Post
    That comment puzzles me... There are ton's of differences in the S4 and S3. The only thing they really have in common is Touchwiz and the outward appearance. The process/chipset are out of this world, the HD display, 13 MP camera, etc., are all massive changes from the S3. The cosmetics are the only thing thats the same.
    Hehe I guess what I mean is that if the difference between the two isn't too significant like many s3 to s4 users say then it may not be worth upgrading to the note 3 from a note 2.

There really are a ton of differences but many feel that an upgrade to the s4 from the s3 isn't significant enough of a jump

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SamsungQQ11 View Post
    To the Note 2 owners like myself. Will you be upgrading to Note 3 or will wait for the Note 4 in 2014?
    A good smartphone. Give it 2 years.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    The Note 3 will be a slightly bigger S4, with a pile of stuff you'll never use and the s-pen software.

It'll have a super extra pentaoctaquadx8 super computer core and 1000000GB of ram. It'll lag and have horrible battery life.

But don't worry. Samsung will release an update to fix that. It'll have 16GB and 7GB available.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    SamsungQQ11 I took the plunge to get the Note 3 and they're offer 6 GB for $30 bucks. I feel that's more than enough for me. I can understand if you go over it. I'm doing the Edge program and that's the offer.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links