I use the stock messaging app on my Note 2. Ive had it for a little over a month. The other day, the text message icon became frozen, saying there is 1 new message. I have checked everywhere and there are no new messages. When I receive a text message, the icon does not update to "2" or "3" ect, it is just constantly stuck on "1". It appears the icon has stopped working all together. Any ideas on how to fix this?
The things i've tried:
- Deleted the icon off the home screen and replaced it
- Soft reset (removed the battery)
- Deleted the text message thread I was using at the time when the icon
- Cleared the data and cache in the messaging "App Info" window
- Installed all available Android updates.
The only other option I could find through my research is to do a hard reset back to the factory settings, which I really don't want to do if at all possible. Any suggestions you have would be much appreciated.