DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cases

1. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

Re: Cases

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalinemotion View Post
    Diztronic

/thread

I love my diztronic, the phone is completely protected, buttons are covered and it looks and feels great without adding bulk.
    Yep, Diztronic is the way to go for those looking for a case that provides good protection with minimal bulk. I've owned a matte black one for the Galaxy Nexus, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy S3, and now the Note 2. It's easily the best case of its kind out there.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by dominick_7 View Post

I'm looking at getting the Otterbox Defender because of the many reports that the Seidios magnet effects some or many screens via the sPen, where you aren't able to draw on the bottom around where it effects the screen. If there was a way to take off the magnet and use velcro, WHILE being able to use the extended battery via the Active one THAT would be perfect I think. Do you happen to know if the magnet could be taken off?
    Ok, so I took a closer look at the kickstand on the Surface and the magnet is actually on the back of the kickstand itself. So it shouldn't be too difficult to pry or scrape off the magnet from the back of it if you wanted to remove the magnet.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

Re: Cases

Saw the Ditztronics. You have a black what, battery cover, case or?
    I have a clear diztronic that's been modded so I can use a flip cover, and I have a black diztronic that isn't modded. My phone is white.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Yep, Diztronic is the way to go for those looking for a case that provides good protection with minimal bulk. I've owned a matte black one for the Galaxy Nexus, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy S3, and now the Note 2. It's easily the best case of its kind out there.
    Cool, reminds me of the Sprint/TMobile Body Glove case. Only thing is it can't accommodate the extended battery and don't think it has a kickstand.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    Ok, so I took a closer look at the kickstand on the Surface and the magnet is actually on the back of the kickstand itself. So it shouldn't be too difficult to pry or scrape off the magnet from the back of it if you wanted to remove the magnet.
    Hmm.. you don't say. Interesting. So I could take the magnet off and replace it with velcro, but do you think it could allow the extended battery to fit if the mod was done to it?
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Hmm.. you don't say. Interesting. So I could take the magnet off and replace it with velcro, but do you think it could allow the extended battery to fit if the mod was done to it?
    I doubt it. The Surface is hard plastic and it is a pretty tight fit. I doubt there would be any leeway, unless the mod results in the extended battery in the phone being the same thickness as the stock battery and battery cover.

As far as replacing the magnet with Velcro, I don't think that would work either. The magnet is in a thin, oval recess in the back of the kickstand. The recess is probably about 3/8" inch long by 3/16" high. The total thickness of the two pieces of Velcro would need to be the thickness of the magnet itself if you wanted the kickstand to fit flush. If you took a stack of about 10 sheets of paper, that would approximate the thickness of the kickstand, so you know that the magnet would be probably half as thin as that.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    I doubt it. The Surface is hard plastic and it is a pretty tight fit. I doubt there would be any leeway, unless the mod results in the extended battery in the phone being the same thickness as the stock battery and battery cover.

As far as replacing the magnet with Velcro, I don't think that would work either. The magnet is in a thin, oval recess in the back of the kickstand. The recess is probably about 3/8" inch long by 3/16" high. The total thickness of the two pieces of Velcro would need to be the thickness of the magnet itself if you wanted the kickstand to fit flush. If you took a stack of about 10 sheets of paper, that would approximate the thickness of the kickstand, so you know that the magnet would be probably half as thin as that.
    You're probably right. Just looked at the mod again and it requires cutting a hole for the battery not just in the original battery cover but also the Otterbox hard shell casing, so yea don't think it's possible. You'd think Hyperion would make a bunch of cases available for their extended battery to get a corner on the market as far as selection and extra ways they can make money, but that might be too expensive an undertaking I guess. Ah ok.. oh well. Thanks for the feedback.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links