DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: N2 staying power

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    A Droid

N2 staying power

Within the past year I've had (not in any particular order) a thunderbolt...droid X2... iPhone...LG revolution...sgs3...razr maxx...and now the Note2.

I'm hoping that the N2 could be the one for the next 2 years.

My question is, do you guys think that the N2 can stay relevant for a while.

Looks likes the S3 is not falling off a cliff, like a lot of the phones that comes out and after a month you never hear about it again.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I think so. I remember my Bionic was dead when the Razr came out a month later. Granted spec wise the Bionic held its own against the Razr, it still was forgotten about. The last update made my phone laggy as can be, hence a perfect reason to get the N2.

As long as Samsung doesnt screw up a future update ( we really need 4.2.2 as speech to text over bluetooth is broken on the current OS).

The N2 is super fast and I definitely see it holding up.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    The Galaxy S line is Samsung's flagship phone, and the Galaxy Note line is Samsung's only phablet, so I can see these phones being "relevant" for quite a while. Of course how long they last will also rely heavily on how long Samsung will continue to support it. If they won't be upgraded to Key Lime Pie when it becomes available, then they will become outdated within a year. Look at the Galaxy S II. That phone is still being sold as new by some carriers.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

Re: N2 staying power

Yes :-)

I just can't believe any phone can Come out that would wow me enough to drop a retail price / upgrade, this phone is just too wowing

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Caesars; 12-09-2012 at 07:01 AM.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    droid razr maxx
    I am wondering the same thing as feb. is my upgrade month. I have friends who hate their S's ...i have a Maxx...and was allllllllll set to get the Maxx HD n i discovered this GN2 n was i bowled over after a lil demo! Hmmmmm...which way should i go...?...?...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by blowabs View Post
    I am wondering the same thing as feb. is my upgrade month. I have friends who hate their S's ...i have a Maxx...and was allllllllll set to get the Maxx HD n i discovered this GN2 n was i bowled over after a lil demo! Hmmmmm...which way should i go...?...?...
    By Feb we should know the specs on the S4. It might be a real contender too. I am thrilled with my Note and won't switch to an S4 but since you are waiting until then it might be worth a look.
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    droid razr maxx
    Hmmmm....ok if it's not gonna be as big then i plight not consider it. I guess i should look at the the 3 and see if that will give me an idea...thx.
  9. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

The Note 2 will probably be the premiere device in its category until the Note 3 comes out next fall. Other manufacturers, seeing the success Samsung has had, might try to release a competitor in the first half of next year that will have marginally better specs, but they won't be able to compete with the features and overall polish Samsung has with the Note 2. Samsung learned a lot from the first Note, and that experience in this category puts them far ahead of anyone else for the foreseeable future.

I usually switch to a new phone every 2-3 months, but the Note 2 will be the first phone I keep for a year or more (until the Note 3 comes out, depending on the advancements are made with it). Once you get used to this phone, which doesn't take long at all, you don't want anything else.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    droid razr maxx
    Thx Bsweet...
    You've got the experience with smartphones i see. ...tired of my Maxx, tired of my iphone4s...the features, as you say, has me picking the Maxx HD (wow N3 in the fall with the N2 just releasing-- hope they don't forget the N2 with updates?)
  11. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by blowabs View Post
    Thx Bsweet...
    You've got the experience with smartphones i see. ...tired of my Maxx, tired of my iphone4s...the features, as you say, has me picking the Maxx HD (wow N3 in the fall with the N2 just releasing-- hope they don't forget the N2 with updates?)
    A fall release for the Note 3 will be a year after the release of the Note 2, so it's in keeping with the refresh schedule of most major devices (Galaxy S, iPhone, etc). U.S. carriers launched the Note 2 about a month after the international release, and Verizon released theirs a month after that. Absolutely nothing has been rumored for the release of the Note 3, but given Samsung's typical refresh cycle, a fall release seems likely. And I would worry about the Note 2 and updates for at least the next two years. Samsung has been updating their flagship devices quite well.

I'm curious why you'd go with the MAXX HD due to features. It lags significantly behind the Note 2 and the S3 in terms of features. In fact, even though it was released months after the S3, it's overall specs are actually behind the S3. And in many ways, it's not all that much different than the first MAXX, so if you're bored with that one, the HD won't give you much of a change. It's a great phone no doubt, and a solid choice, but you just don't really see anyone saying they chose it because of the features it offers.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 12-10-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links