DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Battery life, reception, a bug, and first impressions....

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

Battery life, reception, a bug, and first impressions....

I am doing a full battery drain today. Currently at 43% on almost 9 hours. 56% was used for screen.... I do use the phone quite often. Texts, emails, some navigation, few minutes of gaming, some music, and I use the phone with a BTY headset. I started off this morning with about an hour or so of heavy texting.

Reception seems ok for voice. I have noticed times when the phone went to 3G....reminds me of my Bionic in the early days. Seems like there are some handoff issues, but very minor. Overall, I am ok with it.

My main bug is the voice-to-text when texting or writing an email. I use this function a lot, but about half the time, when I [press the voice-to-text button on the keyboard, it just tries to initiate the app. I think this has to do with my BT headset. I plan on trying to turn off media sounds to the headset to see if that works, but I like being able to hear my Goggle Voice VM messages on the headset.

Overall, the phone is a BEAST!! ZERO LAG....It handles whatever I throw at it. My bionic got horrible after the last update. Itís so nice to click on email, and it opens right away. Widgets initiate my music very fast, and itís just a joy....I am getting used to holding the phone in one hand, which is my main complaint. Also, it seems to want to slip out of my pocket when in my bucket seats....I went ahead and added the insurance (which I never do) to my account today. I picked up a case with a kickstand at Verizon for 19.99, and turned out to be $15 with my corporate discount.

Other than the annoying voice to text bug, I am happy.

Also, on a side note, how do I turn off email notifications for replies to threads on this forum. I have tried twice, and keep getting them. Is there not a global, I do not want any email settings somewhere?

3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Twitter
    #wtfistwitter
    Phone
    D1>Galactic Unicorn
    I'm anxiously awaiting for your results!
    "Insert witty signature here"
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    Fully charged it and then unplugged it from the charger around 2 pm. 2 hours and 45 minutes later, with a couple of phone calls, typical emails, etc. and the battery meter is at 85%. I do expect the battery life won't be optimal for a few days to a week. With my Rezound with the 2750 mAH extended battery, the battery would typically only last about 14-16 hours before the battery level drops to the point where it warns you to plug it in (~15% remaining).

EDIT: It is now almost 7 hours since I unplugged the charger and the battery meter is sitting at 73%.
    Last edited by jseah; 11-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    676 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    For email notifications...go to forum actions, general settings, scroll down to default thread notification mode - select thru my control panel only...

Great starting review on the Note 2 ...
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Reception is a bit worse than my DNA unfortunately, but I do love the phone!
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC-Thunderbolt
    I'm loving it so far. I am truly impressed with the sound playing music. On my Thunderbolt would have the volume all the way up while listening on headphones & it still wasn't very loud. On the Note II, I'd blow my eardrums out on full blast! Finally a sound system on a phone that I can really enjoy listening to.

Also battery Is WAY better than TB. I'm really going to enjoy this phone and learning all the new features.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by sincitygrrrl1 View Post
    I'm loving it so far. I am truly impressed with the sound playing music. On my Thunderbolt would have the volume all the way up while listening on headphones & it still wasn't very loud. On the Note II, I'd blow my eardrums out on full blast! Finally a sound system on a phone that I can really enjoy listening to.

Also battery Is WAY better than TB. I'm really going to enjoy this phone and learning all the new features.
    i'm having mixed experiences with the audio, it sounded great on my headphones but plugged into my car the volume was way lower for some reason. Coming from Bionic. Batter life literally isnt even comparable its in another league
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I got about 16 hours yesterday. I did have to put it in battery saver mode and turn off push for exchange at some point so I could make it through the day. I would classify my use close to heavy yesterday.

Another bug. If you install lightflow, it will break the swiftkey function of the samsung keyboard. I totally hate how emails have the same led light as texts. But I love the keyboard and swiftkey, so for now I am looking for an alternate solution. This issue came up with the s3 and is well documented.
    bkdodger likes this.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC-Thunderbolt
    I'm amazed at the battery life. Now admittedly it wasn't used heavily but my phone has been on for 24hrs and it still has 60% left on battery. I was down at Mohegan Sun yesterday for 12 hrs with my BT earpiece on, made a few calls & texts, checked Facebook a few times and emails. Left it on all night and just got up and was shocked to see how much battery left. My Thunderbolt died after 6 hors lat time I was at Mohegan and that was with no BT.

I REALLY LOVE this phone! My only minor complaint is where the power & volume buttons are. That where my finger land wben I hold the phone when trying to take pices in landscape mode so it zooms in or I sbut pphone off. I'll make adjustmentss though when I get use to it.
    Last edited by sincitygrrrl1; 12-02-2012 at 07:31 AM.
  11. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Phone
    Razr MAXX

Re: Battery life, reception, a bug, and first impressions....

On wifi with Web browsing/tapatalk only. .. But still unbelievable .

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery life, reception, a bug, and first impressions....-uploadfromtaptalk1354459739182.jpg  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links