DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 95 of 183 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    111 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead13 View Post
    despite the Amazing numbes the HTC Droid DNA is putting up. I still want the Note 2. I hope the DNAs lower price and Buzz will push the Price of the Note 2 Down quickly! Wishful Thinking!
    I just wish they would ship my NOTE 2 already!!!! AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    pc747 likes this.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB

Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

I went to Best Buy and they just got in the Demo model of the Note 2 for Verizon.

I just wanted to let you know of some changes I noticed compared to other Note 2s.

First thing is the digital clock widget is gone. This is the clean simple clock widget you see just the time and date on. This was kind of disappointing to me.

Second thing is there is no wifi toggle on the top of the notifications. Instead it has an ongoing notification which can kill battery life faster.

The third thing I want to note (no pun intended) is that Verizon's version DOES in fact have the multitasking ready to go. You won't have to wait for an update for this feature.

I wish I could have tested reception but Best Buy doesn't activate any of their demo phones.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by MiXoLoGiSt View Post
    I went to Best Buy and they just got in the Demo model of the Note 2 for Verizon.

I just wanted to let you know of some changes I noticed compared to other Note 2s.

First thing is the digital clock widget is gone. This is the clean simple clock widget you see just the time and date on. This was kind of disappointing to me.

Second thing is there is no wifi toggle on the top of the notifications. Instead it has an ongoing notification which can kill battery life faster.

The third thing I want to note (no pun intended) is that Verizon's version DOES in fact have the multitasking ready to go. You won't have to wait for an update for this feature.

I wish I could have tested reception but Best Buy doesn't activate any of their demo phones.
    All kind if clock widgets can be found at google play.

Did notification pull down top section scroll right/left? Why would wifi toggle be missing?

What was ongoing notification? I believe they can be turned on and off in settings. Wonder if wifi can also be selected.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Lower price for the dna, reflects the fact that the note 2 offers more. And IT DOES. Especially since the dna will be so underpowered. If you get 5-6 hours under average use, I'd be surprised.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    That stupid wifi deal will get annoying and will be the first thing to go. I don't thank it will kill the battery cause its not really doing anything. I watched phone dogs unboxing of the DNA and he said Verizon would start doing this with new phones which is dumb. I will not be able to stand that when I scroll down, dumb Verizon.
    pc747 likes this.
  6. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by rumblee1 View Post
    Lower price for the dna, reflects the fact that the note 2 offers more. And IT DOES. Especially since the dna will be so underpowered. If you get 5-6 hours under average use, I'd be surprised.

More because of demand for the note 2 vs the dna.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by XstitchCowgirl

All kind if clock widgets can be found at google play.

Did notification pull down top section scroll right/left? Why would wifi toggle be missing?

What was ongoing notification? I believe they can be turned on and off in settings. Wonder if wifi can also be selected.
    If u watch this, I believe torwards the end you will see this notification that always says to turn wifi on when u pull the notification bar down. Its annoying and doesn't need to be there. How stupid can they get. I can't believe wifi toggle would be missing tho, God VZW just makes me mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5bF...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by INCREMENTAL; 11-15-2012 at 07:57 PM.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by rumblee1
    I agree that the N2 offers more but I really thank they did a good job making the price 200. When's the last time a high end phone with possibly the best screen on the market and a new quad core CPU been 200 on VZW? Never. To me after seeing it the RAZR HD and MAXX HD are overpriced.
    pc747 likes this.
  9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by INCREMENTAL View Post
    I agree that the N2 offers more but I really thank they did a good job making the price 200. When's the last time a high end phone with possibly the best screen on the market and a new quad core CPU been 200 on VZW? Never. To me after seeing it the RAZR HD and MAXX HD are overpriced.
    Exactly motorola specs wise looks long in the tooth but yet will sell more that the dna because of battery life. We learned last year that no matter how cool a device is if it doesn't stay connected to lte and/or the battery life can't get you through the day then it is hard to truly enjoy. You would think htc would have caught on to that by now. What is the point of an awesome screen with awesome audio if my phone is dead after watching the movie or I am limited to the amount of multimedia I can have on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    bkdodger likes this.
  10. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    793 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note3(N2/Nexus)
    Premium Member

PC... I'd take that Moto Maxx over the DNA right now without blinking... Even with all the hype of DNA and not test driving it.... I'm not impressed with HTC trying to keep cost down on a good device... Give peeps what they want.. Better battery & storage....

°BK's pure G-Nex°
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
    Forum Rules Here!!

Links