DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 80 of 183 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    712 times
    Phone
    D1/DX/DB/Nex/Note2
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    I've been running this alongside my Thunderbolt w/ extended battery to try and compare, they seem to be on par. I leave LTE enabled on both at work and at home, while at work the signal is fair/poor on both so it eats the battery quickly, I checked facebook, e-mail, some light web browsing, uploaded some photos, and I easily made it through a full day with >50% battery by night.

It's interesting how the things that seem so simple such as storing your phone in your cup holder, can really become an inconvenience when you can no longer do that. I did find a spot that works for the Note 2, but it's far from ideal.

I also used to be a Windows Mobile fan, and used the stylus since it didn't work with your fingers. I really thought I would use the S-Pen all the time for highlighting over movie clips to see where to skip to, for hovering over galleries, basically everything you see in the reviews sounded awesome until I got it and found that I rarely have a need to actually do that.

I also have a Nexus 7, and when I only had my TB I pretty much left my phone on my desk and exclusively used the Nexus 7 the entire time. With the Note 2 I find that it fills both those areas, I have no need to use my Nexus 7 as the Note 2 is just 1.5" smaller, but has phone capabilities as well (and it actually is a lot faster).

I was able to install Google Wallet, but it says it's not yet supported by my device or carrier.
    Um you are making the Note 2 virtually impossible to resist!
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by tgyberg View Post
    Um you are making the Note 2 virtually impossible to resist!
    I do love using it! It's comfortable in my front pocket, even if I leave it in my pocket while driving I sometimes forget it's even there, the curved edges really help. The only real factor is the $700 price tag.
  3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    I've been using the US Cellular Note 2 for the past few days, I do love it and if it wasn't for the HTC DNA then I would definitely pick this up when it comes to Verizon. Here's what I noticed about this phone so far.
    So you are considering the HTC DNA over the Note 2 - reasons why?
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

4. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Got my phone in hand and rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    drew96dawg and delcopa like this.
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    So you are considering the HTC DNA over the Note 2 - reasons why?
    After using the Note 2 for a few days, I've begun to realize that it's slightly too big for me. If I got the Note 2 would I be happy? Of course, but I think having a 5" phone over a 5.5" phone would allow me to fit the phone in my cup holder, it would allow for better one handed operation, and overall it would fit a bit better in my pocket.

Build quality has always seemed higher on HTC devices than Samsung, for instance the One X is a beautiful phone that feels very durable, I can only imagine that the DNA will be almost exactly like that. I prefer the soft touch plastic to the high gloss plastic of Samsung.

Display. The One X has one of the best displays I have ever seen on a smartphone, ever. The DNA will also have a 1080p screen which will look incredible.

No physical home button, which isn't a huge benefit but one that will be much appreciated.
    pc747 likes this.
  6. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Premium Member
    After using the Note 2 for a few days, I've begun to realize that it's slightly too big for me. If I got the Note 2 would I be happy? Of course, but I think having a 5" phone over a 5.5" phone would allow me to fit the phone in my cup holder, it would allow for better one handed operation, and overall it would fit a bit better in my pocket.

Build quality has always seemed higher on HTC devices than Samsung, for instance the One X is a beautiful phone that feels very durable, I can only imagine that the DNA will be almost exactly like that. I prefer the soft touch plastic to the high gloss plastic of Samsung.

Display. The One X has one of the best displays I have ever seen on a smartphone, ever. The DNA will also have a 1080p screen which will look incredible.

No physical home button, which isn't a huge benefit but one that will be much appreciated.
    That makes sense and as long as the end user (you) is happy, that is all that really matters ..
    geoff5093 and liftedplane like this.

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

That makes sense and as long as the end user (you) is happy, that is all that really matters ..
    Oh no is smalltowngirl in IT? Couldn't resist asking after seeing "end user" lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    smalltowngirl13 likes this.
  8. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delcopa View Post
    Oh no is smalltowngirl in IT? Couldn't resist asking after seeing "end user" lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    LOL...not directly, but it is a term I am used to ...I was in healthcare for many years and we had "end users" too ...

9. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Like stg said, get what YOU like cuz you the one paying the bill. I think people who like the htc ecosystem will be getting a good device in the dna.
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1699 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    My initial thoughts:

First it is a big phone so if you feel the s3 is too big and you pre-ordered the note 2 I highly suggest you go to the nearest t-mobile or sprint store to try it out (by tomorrow at&t should have some out on display). Even though the phone is big it is really thin still no one handing this device at all (and this is with out me putting a case on it).

2) Touch wiz: either you love it or you hate it ..once you turn it on you will know exactly where you stand. I personally hate it so i put nova launcher on it with the stock jb theme. So now my note 2 looks like a giant nexus.

3) solid build. Those that felt the s3 was too plastic feeling will notice this thing feels much better. Other than the battery cover the device feel solid.

^ those are my initial thoughts I will give you a full run down monday.
Page 80 of 183 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 ... LastLast

Links