DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 26 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

1. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    Sadly, it looks like Verizon won't be releasing their Note 2 until closer to Thanksgiving, or possibly even after. There's talk of Verizon taking some issues with the software and even more talk about marketing concerns due to potential conflicts with other phones. With the RAZR HD about to drop, I think it's a safe bet that it will be at least two weeks (when the initial RAZR HD buyers are outside the return window) before they release the Note 2, if not longer. I'd put my money on a release date closer to Thanksgiving at this point. I hope that's not the case because I want to get the lengthy process of getting one shipped to me rolling as soon as possible. I'll have another two or three weeks after release to wait.
    I dont think vzw will take that risk. The note 2, like the iphone 5, is a big device. They are not going to risk losing customer to other carriers by delaying their release. It will release close to the same time frame as the other carriers. Especially not other carriers are getting their lte up and running. The droid-line is vzw's device. They can move the droid-line device any where. In fact studies show they make the most out of their droid line devices around the holiday period. So I expect the razr maxx hd to be the one pushed if anything.
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pc747 View Post
    I dont think vzw will take that risk. The note 2, like the iphone 5, is a big device. They are not going to risk losing customer to other carriers by delaying their release. It will release close to the same time frame as the other carriers. Especially not other carriers are getting their lte up and running. The droid-line is vzw's device. They can move the droid-line device any where. In fact studies show they make the most out of their droid line devices around the holiday period. So I expect the razr maxx hd to be the one pushed if anything.
    I'd sure love for that to be the case, but from everything I've been told (and in the four years I've gotten information on Verizon devices from this person, he's never been wrong), we shouldn't expect a Verizon Note 2 until sometime in mid to late November (and it looks like the other carriers will release the phone in the next week or two). I certainly hope this is the first time he's been wrong though.
    Spydaz likes this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto e815
    I expect to see some substantial leaks before the Oct. 24 announcement because the iPad mini releasing the day before will steal a lot of Samsung's thunder. As much as Apple hates Samsung, I believe this was done deliberately by Apple, and I expect Samsung to try to get some of the limelight back before the release of the iPad mini.
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1417 times
    Phone
    DROID ULTRA MAXX
    Premium Member

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

I'd sure love for that to be the case, but from everything I've been told (and in the four years I've gotten information on Verizon devices from this person, he's never been wrong), we shouldn't expect a Verizon Note 2 until sometime in mid to late November (and it looks like the other carriers will release the phone in the next week or two). I certainly hope this is the first time he's been wrong though.
    Oh man... please don't let this be the black friday phone.. if so... I'll see you guys in the lines.. yes... I've officially gone to the sam side...she's my new hero.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge-uploadfromtaptalk1350437098945.jpg  
    FEEL THE POWER OF DROID!!!
  5. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Im hoping for the 1st lol

inote2 - Page 2
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    VZW GALAXY NEXUS

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Sadly, it looks like Verizon won't be releasing their Note 2 until closer to Thanksgiving, or possibly even after. There's talk of Verizon taking some issues with the software and even more talk about marketing concerns due to potential conflicts with other phones. With the RAZR HD about to drop, I think it's a safe bet that it will be at least two weeks (when the initial RAZR HD buyers are outside the return window) before they release the Note 2, if not longer. I'd put my money on a release date closer to Thanksgiving at this point. I hope that's not the case because I want to get the lengthy process of getting one shipped to me rolling as soon as possible. I'll have another two or three weeks after release to wait.
    And this my friends is the HARD REALITY!!! Verizon has too much marketing dough tied up in the droid brand.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
  7. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post
    And this my friends is the HARD REALITY!!! Verizon has too much marketing dough tied up in the droid brand.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    and too much control over the droid-line phone. See here for my opinion. Moto + Google = Stock Android? VZW says not so fast.
    Spydaz likes this.
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    damn you verizon, damn you motorola... I don't want the razr HD I want the maxx I want the note 2... I don't want to wait forever though. I hate you verizon.
    pc747 likes this.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by liftedplane
    damn you verizon, damn you motorola... I don't want the razr HD I want the maxx I want the note 2... I don't want to wait forever though. I hate you verizon.
    Amen to that, I have $800 in hand right now waiting plus whatever case I want, stupid Verizon, if it wasn't for their awesome service id leave.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  10. RS Admin
    Member #
    Liked
    1687 times
    Phone
    moto droid
    Premium Member

Links