DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 161 of 183 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1822
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

1. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece
    Quote Originally Posted by INCREMENTAL View Post
    Yeah battery life is epic. Mine came off the charger sunday night at 8:45pm. Ran it down to 80% before I went to bed. Woke up and it was 78%. Went all day at work yesterday to lastnight when I went to bed it was at 10%. I had 6hrs and 47mins of on screen time. The battery in this thing is rediculous and it sleeps like no other phone I ever had.
    thats awesome.. i use about that screen time in a day span maybe less but going off of everyone so far... im impressed... usually theres one or two complaints or miserable reviews... i havent seen one yet
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeeeet

thats awesome.. i use about that screen time in a day span maybe less but going off of everyone so far... im impressed... usually theres one or two complaints or miserable reviews... i havent seen one yet
    Yeah for sure. Havent seen one bad review. I usually use quite a bit to. Just shocked how good the life is. Coming from a Bionic with extended battery I could usually get 4 to 5hrs of screen time and this thing just takes that and demolishes it not to mention faster processor and huge screen. This is the best phone 2012 hands down.
  3. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Yeah for sure. Havent seen one bad review. I usually use quite a bit to. Just shocked how good the life is. Coming from a Bionic with extended battery I could usually get 4 to 5hrs of screen time and this thing just takes that and demolishes it not to mention faster processor and huge screen. This is the best phone 2012 hands down.
    I am so close to going full retail on this

that's pretty much what I get on my bionic... 5hours screen time w 12-14 hours and thats with killing data when not in use

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeeeet View Post
    I am so close to going full retail on this
    I've purchased several phones at full retail over the years. With most of those, after a few days of use, I kind of regret not having waited a little bit so that I could save a couple hundred bucks by buying one slightly used or new from someone who was just looking to make some money off selling their upgrade device. But that hasn't been the case in the slightest with the Note 2. It was worth every penny. I've never been this completely satisfied with a phone.
    geoff5093 likes this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    I believe a lot has to do with the chip manufacture. From what I understand, the newer chips like the ones in the GSIII and Note II is manufactured using the newer 28 nm process while the older chips like in the Bionic and the Rezound were manufactured using the older process (30-something nm?). Supposedly the new chips have a much lower power consumption. The SIII has a 1650 mAH standard battery and my son can last the entire day on that, and while he doesn't use it when he is in school, when he is out he regularly streams Pandora.
  6. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

s3 has like 2100 or 2200 unless u meant bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  7. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah View Post
    I believe a lot has to do with the chip manufacture. From what I understand, the newer chips like the ones in the GSIII and Note II is manufactured using the newer 28 nm process while the older chips like in the Bionic and the Rezound were manufactured using the older process (30-something nm?). Supposedly the new chips have a much lower power consumption. The SIII has a 1650 mAH standard battery and my son can last the entire day on that, and while he doesn't use it when he is in school, when he is out he regularly streams Pandora.
    The standard battery in the S3 is 2100mAh. The S2 had a 1650mAH standard battery.

You're definitely right about the architecture used in the newer chips. They are more efficient than the older ones.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 12-04-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    69 times
    Twitter
    geoff5093
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    I've purchased several phones at full retail over the years. With most of those, after a few days of use, I kind of regret not having waited a little bit so that I could save a couple hundred bucks by buying one slightly used or new from someone who was just looking to make some money off selling their upgrade device. But that hasn't been the case in the slightest with the Note 2. It was worth every penny. I've never been this completely satisfied with a phone.
    Same here! I went through the S3, MAXX HD, DNA, and now the Note 2. The Note 2 is the best phone I've used, it took me a little while to adjust to the size but I love the thing now, I don't even find myself using my Nexus 7 anymore.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    What ticks me off is if you look at phone prices, the subsidized price always goes on sale, or goes lower over time, but the full retail price never changes.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    The standard battery in the S3 is 2100mAh. The S2 had a 1650mAH standard battery.

You're definitely right about the architecture used in the newer chips. They are definitely much more efficient than the older ones.
    Oops....my bad. Prior to the Note II, I was using the Rezound with the 2750 mAH extended battery (my daughter has the same setup as well). The S3 with the standard battery lasts longer than the Rezound with the extended battery. I use the phone less than my son, but my daughter uses her phone more than my son. Her Rezound battery will usually be in the red by around 5-6 pm (she gets up at 7 am). When I was using the Rezound, if I did not plug it back into the charge to "top it off", I would be in the red by around 10 pm.

Links