DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 156 of 183 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1822
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Samsung galaxy note 2

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

It does but you have manually select the right word

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness
    The Verizon Note 2 has Blocking Mode! It's just hidden. I found it while playing around with Any Cut. Check out the thread I posted for instructions on how to get to access it and turn it on:

Blocking Mode is Present and Working on the Verizon Note!
    I tried this on Touchwiz and no custom rom or launcher added. Worked like a charm, no force closing either. Thanks for the find
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Has anyone tried swiftkey? How's it working on the note2?
  4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by rumblee1 View Post
    The latest version of SwiftKey 3 works perfectly on the Note 2. I've been using it since I received my phone.
    bkdodger likes this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rumblee1 View Post
    Mine came with a stock version of swiftkey called "smooth-something." Will have to find the name. But I've been using it since I got the phone without any trouble. Is swiftkey better than the stock version?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    FINALLY got my GN2 from slow-poke VZN !!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm curious as well as to how swiftkey works. I love the default keyboard, but lightflow breaks the swiftkey function of it.
  7. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spydergirl View Post
    Mine came with a stock version of swiftkey called "smooth-something." Will have to find the name. But I've been using it since I got the phone without any trouble. Is swiftkey better than the stock version?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    The stock Samsung keyboard has elements of SwiftKey Flow built into it (which can be turned on/off in the settings), is that what you're referring to? I can't find any other stock SwiftKey anything that came with the phone. SwiftKey Flow is basically just the Swype-style functionality that the Samsung stock keyboard has (although the real SwiftKey Flow that's currently in beta testing is much better). So, it doesn't have the real, complete SwiftKey, just some parts of an incomplete version of it.

And in my opinion, the full SwiftKey 3 is miles ahead of the stock Samsung keyboard. It just works better than any keyboard I've ever used, and it only gets better over time as it learns how you type. To me, the only advantage the stock Samsung keyboard has is the dedicated number row at the top. I'd like to see SwiftKey add that in as an option.
    Last edited by bsweetness; 12-02-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    spydergirl and bkdodger like this.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    iPhone 4 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post

And in my opinion, the full SwiftKey 3 is miles ahead of the stock Samsung keyboard. It just works better than any keyboard I've ever used, and it only gets better over time as it learns how you type. To me, the only advantage the stock Samsung keyboard has is the dedicated number row at the top. I'd like to see SwiftKey add that in as an option.
    I couldn't agree more. I love SwiftKey 3. I have used tons of keyboards but this has to be the best I've used. No one handed operation like in the Samsung keyboard but I don't type with one hand anyways (even on a smaller screen like the iphone) so I'm not worried about the one handed functionality. Like you also said I would love to see SwiftKey implement the number row at the top also but just doing a long press to insert the number isn't too bad either.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    bkdodger likes this.
  9. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    792 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note3(N2/Nexus)
    Premium Member

I could give both of you 100 likes.. SwiftKey is so solid and I will not use anything else.. The more you use it the more it predicts... I'm waiting for the day it just types it by itself.. Haha
    Also I'm a big fan of Voice.. Just tap the voice icon like stock and talk away.. Google has great recognition and it amazes me how accurate..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》
    "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
    Forum Rules Here!!

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    101 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note II
    I've used Swiftkey, Swiftkey X and now Swiftkey 3. The Samsung keyboard's predictive text is nowhere near as good as Swiftkey. I have installed Swiftkey 3 on the Note II, but have been using the stock Samsung keyboard because of the number row on top. Also, the stock Samsung keyboard works great with the S-Pen. I love when you pull out the S-Pen and the keyboard automatically switches to handwriting recognition. I have tried it and it works brilliantly. It correctly detects the word being written either in print or cursive. And I have also tried writing really fast (with really bad penmanship) and it correctly figures out the word you are trying to write. The handwriting recognition also works excellent when trying to write in Chinese characters. It comes preloaded with English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean and Chinese, with optional downloads of other languages. My wife has always like being able to handwrite in Chinese for emails or Facebook messages, etc. and we have always had to download supplemental apps in the past. This is the first phone that I am aware of that supports this natively.
    bkdodger likes this.

Links