DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 148 of 183 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1822
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Is this simalar to the blocking mode ur talking about in the screen shot?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge-forumrunner_20121130_152108.png  
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    I to also notice when I activate foxfi the hotspot on the phone comes on but I dont get a message to call verizion so it must not go through it thought it was wierd though
  3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    679 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by sharkattack99 View Post
    This is what blocking mode liked like on the Sprint version of the Note 2...

Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge-uploadfromtaptalk1354318412814.jpg

~taking notes~
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

That just mutes a sound that's already started. Blocking mode prevents sounds, particularly calls and notifications, from ever ringing. But at the same time, you can allow designated sounds to come though (such as a call or text from a specific contact).
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Well its kinda the same lol does similar kind lol
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Well its kinda the same lol does similar kind lol
    In the middle of the night when you're fast asleep and a wrong number calls and wakes you up, it definitely won't be anywhere close to the same.

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness

In the middle of the night when you're fast asleep and a wrong number calls and wakes you up, it definitely won't be anywhere close to the same.
    I dont worry about that cause I turn my phone off at night :-) and just keep it face down right lol
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Droid Pro

Ok dumb question..... How do u get to "block mode" ? I haven't seen any options like that on mine. It's prob right under my nose and I'm just not seeing it. :\

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    FINALLY got my GN2 from slow-poke VZN !!
  9. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    I dont worry about that cause I turn my phone off at night :-) and just keep it face down right lol
    If you turn your phone off at night, then you're good. Turning it face down doesn't stop future sounds though. It only stops a sound that has already started. After that, if the phone rings or a notification comes through, it will still ring.

Blocking mode does a lot more than all of that though. It allows you to set a specific time period (like when you're sleeping at night, at work, busy with something, etc.) where you only want what you deem to be important calls to come through. For instance, I never turn my phone off during the night because I'm worried that I'll miss an emergency call. But I do get the occasional wrong number or drunk call from a friend that wakes me up for no important reason, and that's annoying. With blocking mode, I could set the phone to only allow calls from the people I'd be worried about missing emergency information from. That way, I still get the calls that I feel are worth being woken up for, and I don't have to be bothered with the calls that are nothing more than annoyances.
    spydergirl likes this.

10. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spydergirl View Post
    Ok dumb question..... How do u get to "block mode" ? I haven't seen any options like that on mine. It's prob right under my nose and I'm just not seeing it. :\

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    If you have the Verizon version, it's not there. That's what we've been talking about - the fact that Verizon version of the Note 2 does not have blocking mode for some odd reason.

Links