DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 120 of 183 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1822
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by INCREMENTAL View Post
    People that paid for overnight shipping or next day will get theirs Wednesday tho. But yeah ur right that's why I don't preorder.
    Good point.
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Phone
    MOTO DROID
    Quote Originally Posted by rumblee1
    Retailers cannot include processing time. That must be done ahead of time. An online retailer my take out payment only the same day it is SHIPPED.
    I'm just saying man it happens all the time.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 4
    Got my tracking number.
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    GN2 Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecollar View Post
    Got my tracking number.
    I am interested in the amount of time between charging your account and getting a tracking number. Any idea how long it took?
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr33dom View Post
    I am interested in the amount of time between charging your account and getting a tracking number. Any idea how long it took?
    I was charged yesterday afternoon, and I received the email notification that my order had shipped (with the tracking number) about an hour ago.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rumblee1 View Post
    Retailers cannot include processing time. That must be done ahead of time. An online retailer my take out payment only the same day it is SHIPPED.
    Actually, according to the Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule (which covers online orders as well), there is nothing that prevents a retailer from charging as soon as they receive the order in advance of shipping. They have to ship the product within the advertised time frame (or within 30 days if there is no advertised time frame), but they can definitely charge at any point after the order was placed. The entirety of the rule can be found here on the FTC's website. Additionally, this explanation from Wiki Answers gives a pretty good overview of the issue.

As the Wiki Answers explanation states, it's not great business to charge before shipping (especially if shipping could take several days), but it's certainly in no way illegal. It's possible that some states might have differing laws regarding the issue, but I wouldn't think they would deviate too far from what's already set down by the FTC (especially since most online purchasing crosses state lines).
    Last edited by bsweetness; 11-27-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    my CC has been charged but no tracking# yet.
  8. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr33dom View Post
    Before we get into some large back-and-forth on the law and the real-world practices that some experience, lets consider it a given that not everyone drives the speed limit. Some companies do not follow the law either. The difference is that we have many more traffic cops to watch out for.

So yeah, the law says one thing and some companies do the other and we--the little people--are stuck without the knowledge and resources to remedy the situation. So I am happy when someone points-out what the law says--I'd be happier with a link to the law--but we all know reality is reaching into our back pocket every day.
    Here's a link to the law: Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule. Companies do not have to wait until an item is shipped before they charge you. They can charge as soon as the order is placed. They just have to make sure to ship within the advertised time span (or within 30 days if there is no advertised time span).

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Phone
    Note 2
    Charged card yesterday, no tracking number yet :-/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamPA1006 View Post
    Charged card yesterday, no tracking number yet :-/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App
    I expect a tracking# by the end of the day.

Links