DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 109 of 183 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1822
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Re: Galaxy Note 2 waiting Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by AdamPA1006 View Post
    Definitely. Only a few more days my friends. Glad to be on this thread for a month with y'all

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App
    Yes got to meet a few new people online waiting for the gn2. Well be nice if we all agree on how it is after we get it too well be a lot to learn on the device.

Here is a dumb question when I looked at once at Sprint the guy said it was a virtual sd card and you can add a physical one as well. Is that true? I thought it was just a physical 16gb sd card.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delcopa View Post
    Yes got to meet a few new people online waiting for the gn2. Well be nice if we all agree on how it is after we get it too well be a lot to learn on the device.

Here is a dumb question when I looked at once at Sprint the guy said it was a virtual sd card and you can add a physical one as well. Is that true? I thought it was just a physical 16gb sd card.

The Android system and many apps often read the internal memory as a SD card on many newer devices. For instance, on the Galaxy S3, the internal memory is called "sdcard" while the actual microSD card that you add is called "extSdCard." So, by virtual SD card, he was referring to how the internal memory is often partitioned now. The Note 2 will have 16GB of internal memory (which the system will read as "sdcard," and is the virtual SD card the rep you spoke to was talking about), and it will have an empty microSD card slot that you can fill with a size of your choosing.
    Current lineup: Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S, Note 10.1 (2014)

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Quote Originally Posted by bsweetness View Post
    The Android system and many apps often read the internal memory as a SD card on many newer devices. For instance, on the Galaxy S3, the internal memory is called "sdcard" while the actual microSD card that you add is called "extSdCard." So, by virtual SD card, he was referring to how the internal memory is often partitioned now. The Note 2 will have 16GB of internal memory (which the system will read as "sdcard," and is the virtual SD card the rep you spoke to was talking about), and it will have an empty microSD card slot that you can fill with a size of your choosing.
    Ok sweet so you can really load it up with a 32gb card and have the 16gb virtual. Used to the virtual have the nexus now with 32 gb but no sd card slot. Always learning something new on this device lol

4. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delcopa View Post
    Ok sweet so you can really load it up with a 32gb card and have the 16gb virtual. Used to the virtual have the nexus now with 32 gb but no sd card slot. Always learning something new on this device lol

Or a 64GB card.

It's probably better to think of the "virtual" memory as the internal memory. The internal memory is read by the system (and is sometimes referred to) as a virtual SD card because it's not really a SD card (hence the virtual part). But the memory itself isn't virtual, it's very real.

Previous smartphones: Note 3, HTC One, Note 2, Galaxy S3, One X, RAZR MAXX, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Note, iPhone 4S, Bionic, Stratosphere, Charge, Vitality, Incredible 2, Thunderbolt, Palm Pixi Plus, Droid 3, Fascinate, Incredible, Droid Pro, Droid 2 Global, Droid X, Droid, Treo Pro, Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Q9m, XV6800, XV6900

Previous tablets: iPad Mini, Transformer TF300, Evo View, Transformer Prime, Transformer TF101, Thrive, gTablet
  5. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece

64gb class 10 for $38... deal or no deal?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  6. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweeeeet View Post
    64gb class 10 for $38... deal or no deal?

One heck of a deal. Cheapest a legit one has ever been from a legit retailer. I paid $55 for mine a year ago, and it's rarely dropped anywhere below that since then.

7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    163 times
    Twitter
    liftedplane
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

Amazon is charging sales tax in Washington now. And shipping is over eight dollars.

Sent from my frozenly delicious razr maxx.
    Myth's and legends that did not exist in yesterday's world will exist in tomorrows. ~Allanon
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Verizon Droid Incredible
    My Amazon order had free shipping and no sales tax for my state so this is an amazing deal. Radio Shack had one advertised yesterday for 39.99 same item but sold out on line and no stores near me had it in stock. I haven't checked the site again today but if same you could check the store search to see if one near you has it.
    Good luck.
  9. Droid Jedi
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Phone
    Samsung Note Duece

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009QZ...tag=slicinc-20

NOTE DUECE

Killed = Bionic
    Phone graveyard = D1
    Resting = Dx
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    I have been checking my pre-order all day today and the ship date displays "Not available at this time". Up until late last night it displayed 11/27/2012. Anyone else see the same thing?

Links