USB tether disabled 4.2.2 (workaround)
Hello all. I am a DJ and live on USB tethering at my events to get song requests. I started playing around (before I flashed back to 4.1.1) and here's how it got it to work:
Hello, I have a related problems but I may be of help. I have a Samsung galaxy nexus, and it recently upgraded to 4.2.2. My usb tethering on a 4gb a month plan was disabled as well, even though I retained root. However, when I root or flash or anything I use the nexus root toolkit by wugfresh. After a little tinkering I got my usb tethering to work, sorta.
Here's what I did:
1. Connect phone to pc via usb cable.
2. Open device manager, remove all signs of any phone, adb drivers, etc. Be sure to check under usb devices.
3. Right click on your computer name at the very top (everyone's is different) and click "scan for hardware changes".
4. After it installs, unplug usb cable, make sure usb debugging is enabled on the phone, and plug back in. On my phone, I got a message saying computer something is requesting usb debugging permissions. I granted, and said always approve for this computer.
5. I open my nexus root toolkit 1.6.3, start usb tethering on phone with pdanet, and click connect on pc, and I have verified that I in fact DO have Internet access. Although I have not tested for any length of time more than a few minutes.
If I close the toolkit I get a socket error in pdanet, and lose the connection.
Maybe someone can find a better workaround.....