DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nexus not recognized by PC, unknown device in device manager, can't transfer files

Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy note 2
    I actually got my replacement device today and now I am skeptical about rooting it because it may have caused this problem in the first place, idk. what do you all think?
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I would maybe wait a few days, make sure it functions as it's supposed to. Does your PC read it?

I've rooted all my phones and never had a problem.
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy note 2
    Verizon actually replaced it for me, thanks for your help. The part is being sold on eBay tho for anyone else looking for a fix and YouTube has the breakdown of the nexus.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
    Look guys, this problem has absolutely nothing to do with your Micro USB port and definitely doesn't require ordering a replacement. I had this same problem and it's usually caused because you pull your phone off the computer without ejecting it properly. Happened to me this morning, plugged my phone into my desktop in my bedroom last night and when I woke up for a meeting this morning, I just pulled it off without thinking since I'm used to it being on a charger at night and not hooked to the PC. Once I got home, every computer (I've got several) I hooked it to said USB device not recognized.

Go into your device manager, find all the entries for USB Host Controller or something with that in its name (mine specifically was Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller, on a Dell N7010). Uninstall each one of them (no worries) and shut down your computer. When you turn your computer back on, it SHOULD (on Windows 7 at least) automatically reinstall the drivers. If not, simply return to the device manager and right click on Universal Serial Bus Controllers and click Scan for hardware changes. It will reinstall the proper drivers and your device should hook up to the computer beautifully. THATS IT! No uninstalling/reinstalling Samsung drivers, no phone replacing, no trying another cord - none of that. None of those things actually have anything to do with the problem. You hear replace your cord so frequently but c'mon guys be realistic - if the cord was working last night why would it just stop? That's just silly and a waste of money. Try this out, works for me each and every time!
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I had this problem when I first got mine, drivers corrupted on the first install. I was able to use USB deview to fix it.
    Never Samsung... Never Again

Burned by the VZW Galaxy Nexus
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by DesktopDevin View Post
    I had this problem when I first got mine, drivers corrupted on the first install. I was able to use USB deview to fix it.
    USB deview huh? Never heard of it. I will look into it for future references.
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy note 2
    Besides, I dont get the obtion to eject or disconnect so I now shut down then disconnect. Windows 7.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links