DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stuck on bootloader

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

stuck on bootloader

I'm rooted and unlocked..I was running aokp milestone 6..than recently installed aokp jellybean build 4..I wanted to switch back to aokp milestone 6..I wiped data, wiped cache and wiped dalvik..and than installed aokp M5..and its stuck..I tried everything but now its really starting to get frustrating..Please help!!!...thanks in advance..and yeah I have Gnex

3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by whatuseekisfire View Post
    I'm rooted and unlocked..I was running aokp milestone 6..than recently installed aokp jellybean build 4..I wanted to switch back to aokp milestone 6..I wiped data, wiped cache and wiped dalvik..and than installed aokp M5..and its stuck..I tried everything but now its really starting to get frustrating..Please help!!!...thanks in advance..and yeah I have Gnex
    I have lots of questions.

First, when you say stuck on bootloader, what do you mean? Can you not get out of the bootloader menu? Can't get into recovery? How about Odin mode (download)?

When you say, I tried everything, what does that mean exactly? What have you tried exactly? Have you tried reinstalling the ROM? Have you tried flashing a different ROM? Can you restore a backup? Have you tried flashing back to stock, and starting over? .....tons of different things to try, but without more information on what you have tried it is hard to help.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I can get into recovery and odin mode..I tried reinstalling other ROMS and I get stuck on the bootloader..I started having problems after I flashed aokp jb build 4..than I tried going back to aokp milestone 6..I don't really have access to a computer..I need to get this phone fixed cuz I need pictures that I have on the phone..once I get the pics I will use wugs root toolkit and flash and lock the phone back to stock and go to verizon for a
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I even wipe data..wipe cache..wipe dalvik..and I keep getting stuck in bootlooader..the phone shows the bootlogo..than goes to the "google" logo and shows the
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus

Re: stuck on bootloader

I'm a tad confused myself. Stuck on the bootloader? You mean when you boot it up, it freezes and takes you into fastboot mode? Or are you just getting "stuck" on the Google logo? Note that sometimes JB has a long boot time due to a file system check. Give it a few minutes if its simply stuck on the logo.

Also, if you plan to go back to stock anyway, why not simply fastboot TWRP recovery and then adb pull what you need from your SD card? I know you said you don't have computer access, but running Wug's requires a computer as well...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by syndicate0017; 10-11-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I can get into odin mode and fastboot amd into recovery mode..now it doesn't matter what ROM I try and flash..and YES the phone freezes and and gets stuck on the where it shows "google" and the unlocked lock icon at the bottom..than it shows the
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Shows the google thing again..no matter what I do I keep getting stuck in the same place..please help..I can't take this. Phone to verizon and have them send me another one and get charged full price for a replacement..ap
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Phone
    D1<Galaxy Nexus

Re: stuck on bootloader

My advice is simply to return to stock. Just fastboot the stock images either manually or through Wug's kit. If you can get access to a computer earlier than that, I can save your photos.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Don't be scared, adb is your friend.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Ok I'm I have access to a computer right now..it doesn't have internet but it has Wugs root tool kit 1.3 installed..and my phone is in fastboot mode as we speak..I plug in my phone to the laptop via usb and it says that there's a malfunction with the device..and it doesn't read that the phone is plugged in..what else can I do
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Ok so I'm downloading the recent version of wugs root tool kit..now once I have that set up..what should I do with my phone? Put it in fast boot?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links