DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nexus? DROID RAZR maxx? I can't pick one! help!!!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo Aeternamn

It's really easy to do... Extremely...lol...
    But can drastically increase it... Especially when you find which kernel works best for your phone... With moderate usage on mine(running the imoseyen kernel)... I get twelve... With minimal... I can get like... Twenty hours with seventy-eighty percent

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
    "I don't even have a little dog todo"
    Dude that's crazy battery life increase! You guys are such a great help! I'm leaning towards the nexus now haha
  2. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1041 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N3xus View Post
    That's a huge increase of battery life! I'm assuming that this rooms doesn't make your nexus reboot?
    When I was running stock and even a ROM based on stock, I had a reboot every now and then, but it was very uncommon. I've been running AOKP for almost a week now and not a single reboot.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    motorola droid 2 global
    For what its worth I have an OG RAZR and love it. I've had it since February and its probably rebooted on me once.

Also once I got the hang of smart actions my battery life has been hitting 15 hours+.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdonald
    For what its worth I have an OG RAZR and love it. I've had it since February and its probably rebooted on me once.

Also once I got the hang of smart actions my battery life has been hitting 15 hours+.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
    Thanks for your input! I have a hard decision to make soon haha but I think right now I'm leaning towards the nexus, don't get me wrong the razr is a great phone and I love the battery life on it
  5. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by N3xus View Post
    Hey guys first of all I love this forum and this is my first thread, I truly need help from you guys. I'm on my fourth nexus and they all had the same issue, which is the reboot. I know it's a software issue but everyday it reboots more than two times. I love everything about the phone. I love stock Android, not a fan of blur, HTC sense, etc. Recently Verizon sent me the DROID RAZR maxx as a replacement. It's a solid phone, it lasted me 17 hours before it died, unlike the nexus it dies in 5 hours. So I'm asking you guys if you were in my shoes which one would you stay with!? Pure Google godness or go with a solid phone that doesn't have any issues at all. Keep in mind i have until Monday to make this decision.
    If you're rebooting that much and you've gone through 4 replacements, it's not the phone. One or more of your apps are auto updating each time you switch and are causing the crashes. It's nearly impossible for you to get 4 devices that all have the same rebooting issue.

I had the same problem when I first got mine, handcent and my music player were causing the reboots. Got rid of them both and haven't had one since.

I suggest wiping your phone completely and go a day or two without any apps, see if the rebooting occurs, if it doesn't you have your answer.
    Last edited by Liderc; 04-28-2012 at 01:10 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    razr maxx
    I went through 2 galaxy's 2 and my wife went through about 7 Samsungs in a few years. They are all buggy phones. I would never suggest Samsung phones.
    Anyways my maxx, my wifes maxx and my sister now has a maxx and they just work with extra battery life
  7. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by B_BODY_1 View Post
    I went through 2 galaxy's 2 and my wife went through about 7 Samsungs in a few years. They are all buggy phones. I would never suggest Samsung phones.
    Anyways my maxx, my wifes maxx and my sister now has a maxx and they just work with extra battery life
    If you buy cheap phones you'll get cheap phones. Buy a quality Samsung device and you'll get quality. Same thing applies to all manufacturers.
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo Aeternamn
    well... This might be just me... But it's a nexus device... Unlock it... And go with a different rom kernel combo... Then the nexus will truly shine... But that's my opinion

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
    "I don't even have a little dog todo"
    OK if I root it and unlock it is there a video for rooting for dummies? Haha what is the easy method of rooting?
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Rooting isn't going to fix your rebooting issue. You're using incompatible apps with ICS, it's going to continue rebooting until you get rid of the apps causing the issue.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Liderc
    Rooting isn't going to fix your rebooting issue. You're using incompatible apps with ICS, it's going to continue rebooting until you get rid of the apps causing the issue.
    OK how do I find out which apps are incompatible with ics?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links