DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sprint selling the Galaxy Nexus with 4.0.4

  1. Master Droid
    GalaxyFlatulence's Avatar
    Member #
    242356
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    833
    Liked
    30 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #1
    pc747 likes this.
  2. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,398
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #2
    Looks like we'll need to jump ship to Sprint if we want to get the Google Experience.....

    I'm happy with my Nexus still
  3. Droid Ninja
    captdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    83020
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,797
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Looks like we'll need to jump ship to Sprint if we want to get the Google Experience.....

    I'm happy with my Nexus still
    If Sprint significantly improves their network... next time around I may just do that!

    Screw Verizon, Samsung, Google or whoever is the fault a 'flag ship' phone not getting proper service. Loaded up AOKP... no more OTA for me those guys are asleep at the switch.
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  4. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,398
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    If Sprint significantly improves their network... next time around I may just do that!

    Screw Verizon, Samsung, Google or whoever is the fault a 'flag ship' phone not getting proper service. Loaded up AOKP... no more OTA for me those guys are asleep at the switch.
    I think I'd put the blame on Verizon for this one. It's not part of their Droid lineup so their attention to it was going to be minimal, something I did see coming. Verizon got what they wanted, pretty good sales for the Nexus because it was exclusive, I wasn't expecting much support for it tbh. Which is why I am thankful that so many developers put their time and effort into it, at least we got a community to rely on. Disappointed that Verizon has pretty much neglected the Nexus, but that's how the cookie crumbles...
  5. Droid Ninja
    captdroid's Avatar
    Member #
    83020
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,797
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    I think I'd put the blame on Verizon for this one. It's not part of their Droid lineup so their attention to it was going to be minimal, something I did see coming. Verizon got what they wanted, pretty good sales for the Nexus because it was exclusive, I wasn't expecting much support for it tbh. Which is why I am thankful that so many developers put their time and effort into it, at least we got a community to rely on. Disappointed that Verizon has pretty much neglected the Nexus, but that's how the cookie crumbles...
    Yea I have to agree... screw Verizon! lol Only reason I am on Verizon is their network and I could get a phone that could easily be unlocked and like you said custom development. Verizon doesn't care. I like Verizon for their network and usually dislike most everything else about them. lol
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  6. RS Lead
    dezymond's Avatar
    Member #
    3167
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    10,398
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    Yea I have to agree... screw Verizon! lol Only reason I am on Verizon is their network and I could get a phone that could easily be unlocked and like you said custom development. Verizon doesn't care. I like Verizon for their network and usually dislike most everything else about them. lol
    I've never had a bad experience with them, so I got nothing against them. What I don't understand is how they can gloat about having an exclusive, know about the problems, and then neglect the customers/problems. They don't even give an estimated release date for an update, but all they say is "a future update will address the issues". They handled the whole Nexus deal poorly, from release date til now. If you have a chance to push such a product you should take advantage of it, not what Verizon is doing.
  7. Droid Ninja
    Liderc's Avatar
    Member #
    15713
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,265
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #7
    Verizon either didn't want the Nexus to be successful because they couldn't put bloat on it or they didn't realize what they had. Either way, they've screwed up and this proves it.
  8. Senior Droid
    wolfman4u's Avatar
    Member #
    145809
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    144
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Fascinate i500
    #8
    Yip. Verizon gets beat by sprint? Looks that way on this one.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Wolfman4u
  9. Droid Ninja
    Liderc's Avatar
    Member #
    15713
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,265
    Liked
    250 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #9
    Well to be fair, I've heard we were always going to be getting 4.0.5 and not 4.0.4. So it's possible that it's just taken this long to finish 4.0.5, somehow I doubt it though.

    The problem is the same problem we've had since the beginning of Android, the big F word.

    Fragmentation
  10. Droid Ninja
    Crankintopwater69's Avatar
    Member #
    175329
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,782
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    #10
    So they get a Nexus cheaper then what we paid for it,latest software 4.0.4,no dropped calls,no reboot issues,and none of the other issues that I didnt mention,basically a perfect Nexus.I hope your rite Liderc,cos thats the only excuse they have @ this point.
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:38 AM
  2. Sprint Galaxy Nexus Page Online from Google
    By dgstorm in forum Android News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 01:38 PM

Search tags for this page

droid 3 sprint

,
galaxy nexus 4.0.4 sprint
,

galaxy nexus 4.0.5

,

galaxy nexus verizon 4.0.4

,
samsung galaxy nexus 4.0.4
,
sprint galaxy nexus 4.0.4
,

sprint galaxy nexus forum

,
sprint galaxy nexus tether
,

sprint galaxy nexus tethering

,
sprint galaxy nexus update 4.0.4
,

verizon galaxy nexus 4.0.4

,
verizon nexus 4.0.4
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+