DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By macpro88

Thread: Questions about Galaxy Nexus

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC EVO 4G

Questions about Galaxy Nexus

hello everyone,
    I am using HTC evo 4G and lately I am getting really annoyed by "not enough phone/internal storage" messages everytime I try to install some apps. I am familiar that some apps required to be installed in internal storage while other apps can be moved to SD card atleast that's the case in my EVO 4G.
    I would like to ask GNeX users if this is sound familiar to them in their galaxy nexus. I would like feedback on this issue because I am really thinking about buying galaxy nexus
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The Verizon Galaxy Nexus has 32GB of onboard storage, which comes to about 28GB of usable storage. There is no sdcard slot in the Galaxy Nexus, so that 28GB includes space for apps, pictures, movies, music...and whatever else you many have on your device. The GSM version of the Galaxy Nexus is 16GB of onboard storage, with about 14 usable. Assuming you are on Sprint and want to stay there, I believe their Galaxy Nexus was rumored to have 16GB as well, but to be honest I haven't kept up with it.

So to answer your question it depends on how much stuff you keep on the device. If you think you can use most of the space, then you are going to have that problem with the Galaxy Nexus as well. I personally don't have any issue with staying under 28GB of space, actually right now I am sitting at 16GB free (12GB used). But my usage patterns may be very different than yours.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
    I was just reading through posts and saw this one and wanted to ask about your statement about the Verizon Galaxy Nexus having 32GB of storage.

When we looked at this phone at the Verizon store, the floor sample did indeed have 32GB of storage. But the phones we received only had 16GB. The salesman said the 32GB sample was a "special" phone and they didn't have any in the store. Did we get "taken" by a bait and switch? Or is there both a 16 and a 32 version and the 16 was the only one that was "free" with new two year activation?

Thanks!

"Apple can...Droid DOES."
  4. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    203 times
    Twitter
    macpro88
    Phone
    RAZR HD
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LassieGal View Post
    I was just reading through posts and saw this one and wanted to ask about your statement about the Verizon Galaxy Nexus having 32GB of storage.

When we looked at this phone at the Verizon store, the floor sample did indeed have 32GB of storage. But the phones we received only had 16GB. The salesman said the 32GB sample was a "special" phone and they didn't have any in the store. Did we get "taken" by a bait and switch? Or is there both a 16 and a 32 version and the 16 was the only one that was "free" with new two year activation?

Thanks!

"Apple can...Droid DOES."
    There were two versions at launch, 32GB are hard to find now, not sure if they actually make them anymore, but if you read the fine print I'm sure it'll state the 16GB is the free version.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
    Thanks!!!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    If it's not too late, Check wirefly.com. they have the 32 GB, That's where I got mine about a month ago and it was free over black Friday weekend, and lately has been 29.99 with docking station included.

Links