DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: 4G Observation that I've noticed.....

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus

4G Observation that I've noticed.....

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but I've noticed that my 4G LTE reception is much better once my Galaxy is charged up fully. When it was around 50 percent, my 4G kept on going in and out between 4G and 3G. Now keep in mind, the area that I work in is in the boonies. When I go home, I have 4 bars fully of 4G charged or not charged. I just thought this was interesting. Thanks guys.

3. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1041 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    interesting observation. My signal is pretty consistent regardless of battery life. Do you happen to be in the same area when you're at full battery and half battery?
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    interesting observation. My signal is pretty consistent regardless of battery life. Do you happen to be in the same area when you're at full battery and half battery?
    Yes, it's weird, maybe i'm looking too much into it. I also think that I'm in an area where I'm on the borderline of 4G and 3G. My home is in a 4G area though, I have no issues, 4 Full bars 97 percent of the time.
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    Yes, it's weird, maybe i'm looking too much into it. I also think that I'm in an area where I'm on the borderline of 4G and 3G. My home is in a 4G area though, I have no issues, 4 Full bars 97 percent of the time.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    In a perhaps related note, when I'm in class for several hours, my phone gets HOT. Not a little hot like it does when you use it a while, but super hot even though its asleep the whole time. I think its related to the difficulty of finding a signal in a 3 story university building. Its super hot, like hot through a jean pocket. I get concerned and turn it off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1041 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolstonc View Post
    In a perhaps related note, when I'm in class for several hours, my phone gets HOT. Not a little hot like it does when you use it a while, but super hot even though its asleep the whole time. I think its related to the difficulty of finding a signal in a 3 story university building. Its super hot, like hot through a jean pocket. I get concerned and turn it off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Yup definitely struggling to find a signal. You're not getting a good signal so turning your phone off or putting it to airplane mode is wisest. Or connecting to a wifi network if possible will help too.

Links