I have followed setup guides form like 5 websites to unlock my Samsung Galaxy Nexus for myself and my girl but nothing seems to work.
Here are the steps I took:
Downloaded and installed Android SDK (Used Cyanogenmod guide, ADB, Fastboot, and AdbWinApi.dll all in same folder; All needed items are downloaded via manager)
Samsung drivers downloaded and installed
1. I plug in my phone (USB Debugging enabled) and my computer recognizes the device and installed/used proper drivers
2. Bring up a command prompt windows (Ran as Admin) and navigated to the directory with ADB/Fastboot/DLL
3. typed "adb devices" and is showed my device
4. typed "adb reboot bootloader" in which the GNex rebooted into the bootloader (Lock State - LOCKED); The usb driver sound that generally sounds like its working gives an error type noise which leads me to believe the driver isnt working.
5. typed "fastboot oem unlock" and then it says waiting for device and then the nothing starts, I never get prompted by the phone to agree to unlocking the phone etc that you would choose with the volume rocker.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Samsung drivers, the SDK etc and nothing seems to work. Personally I think this is a driver issue as the sound the PC makes once the phone has booted into the bootloader isnt the same as when a USB device is normally plugged in and the drivers are working.
I'm not sure how to go about correcting this or fixing it... if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.